Language School

Scoop1

Hi All, can anyone help me find a thai language school close to Ban Knok, Non Bua Lamphu, i am coming to live there soon and want to get ed visa and learn thai, and Udon Thani is to far away, and i wont have a car, please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Scoop

Scoop:

I am not certain we are talking about the same village but here goes anyway.

I live some 40 kilometers west of Nong Bua Lamphu just off the Loei highway (Hgwy 210). Country road 3012 goes north off of 210 and there is a road sign at the intersection saying it is 22 kilometers to a village named "Ban Khok Nong Bua". That means this village is around 65 kilometers from Nong Bua Lamphu and would place it nearer to Loei than to Nong Bua Lamphu.

If you are going to this village there are NO educational facilities catering to farangs unless you should happen to find something in Loei.

I frankly cannot see how you can survive without some sort of transportation if this is the village you are talking about.

Scoop:

I live some 40 kilometers west of Nong Bua Lamphu just off the Loei highway (Hgwy 210). Country road 3012 goes north off of 210 and there is a road sign at the intersection saying it is 22 kilometers to a village named "Ban Khok Nong Bua". That means this village is around 65 kilometers from Nong Bua Lamphu and would place it nearer to Loei than to Nong Bua Lamphu.

If you are going to this village there are NO educational facilities catering to farangs unless you should happen to find something in Loei.

I frankly cannot see how you can survive without some sort of transportation if this is the village you are talking about.

Hi Chuckd. thank you for that info, yes i think you are right thats where it is, on the map it does look closer to Loei, and the transport is a definate concern, i think a motorbike would help, but its still in the sticks, i was going to get an ed visa, but a language school seems too far away , i also think i will have to rent somewhere closer to a bigger town, but i really dont want to be in a big city, any sugestions?

Scoop

Scoop:

Hi Chuckd. thank you for that info, yes i think you are right thats where it is, on the map it does look closer to Loei, and the transport is a definate concern, i think a motorbike would help, but its still in the sticks, i was going to get an ed visa, but a language school seems too far away , i also think i will have to rent somewhere closer to a bigger town, but i really dont want to be in a big city, any sugestions?

Scoop

Sorry for the delay, but I know nothing about the Ed visas or where the nearest school would be up here.

As far as where you might like to rent...there are as many opinions about that as you will find posters on the forum.

I enjoy living here but we are some 60 kilometers from Loei and about 90 from Udorn. I prefer Loei because it does seem to have what I need and it is a pleasant drive from my village. Loei has recently opened a Tesco Lotus and they serve whatever my needs are from the farang side.

I do not like Nong Bua Lamphu because the drive from my village to there and back is a nightmare. The local police in NBL will issue tickets at the drop of a hat and the parking laws are obscure and confusing. The size of the town is OK and I have heard they are opening a Tesco Lotus there in the near future.

Udorn, I avoid simply because it is so much larger than I am now accustomed to. I have had my fill of large cities.

I would suggest you will need some sort of transport if you live anywhere other than one of the larger cities. A motorcycle at the very least.

Hope this helps.