Clothes Hangers Chiang Mai

mrireland

Hi,

Not 1 hanger in the apartment i moved into but tons of room for hanging stuff. Is there anywhere you can buy hangers in Chiang Mai or would some of the shops in Central Plaza give you them for nothing. I dont mind paying for them just not sure if the shops usually give them away or not, maybe they throw half of them out anyway or might be opposite and they need to keep all the ones they have?

Morny

The only time a shop in CM gave us hangers was when Hubby bought an expensive custom-made suit. I've asked for them when buying clothes and always been refused.

A trip to Chiang Mai Plastic might be in order. It's a rambling shop in the Warorot/Kad Luang area and there are several other shops around it that also sell plastic goods. The OP probably needs more than just hangers for the new home and this shop is good and cheap for all the little things needed to outfit a new place.

Went this weekend and was surprised, though, at some of the product shortages. I guess the flood has affected them to. For example, CM Plastic and the surrounding shops had toilet cleaning brushes, but no decorative sets of brush and stand. I did see clothes hangers, though, including the nice ones with clips for skirts and slacks.

P.S. Just remembered we get fairly good hangers when we have items dry cleaned at Washy Mashy on Huey Kaew Rd. -- just down the road a bit from the Shell station, toward Doi Suthep. They're not as sturdy as the ones at CM Plastics, but they're still plastic and not wire like we had in the U.S. Washy Mashy would probably sell the OP some. I doubt they'll give 'em away for free. I wanted some plastic bags, like they use to cover drycleaning and they charged me for them even though we're regular customers.

Edited by NancyL

The mini Lotus on Niman should have them, Kad Suan Kaew for sure....Take a close look at the width though, some aren't very wide and when you hang your cloths to dry it looks like your shirts have horns coming out of the shoulders when it dries.

Mini Lotus is right beside me but i was in there today shopping and didnt notice them although i wasnt expecting to find them there so they might well be there, did manage to find them in central Plaza, was on the way to IT central or whatever you call it and there was an electronics section that caught my eye in a shop before the stairs to IT central, they had TVs, Laptops and the like and also had general household stuff, this it was called Central but they had a big selection of hangers, never bought hangers before but they seemed a bit expensive in the 60-100 baht per 5-6 hangers, they did seem to be good quality hangers and i got what i needed in the end stumbling across it by chance. Hopefully that helps someone else if not too vague

There's a shop along the street near the entrance to Warorot that sells a variety of hangers at fair prices. About a half block south of the pedestrian overpass at the Warorot entrance, west side of the road. Hangers are near the front door. There's a lot of kitchen stuff in there, stationary supplies, and a huge selection of gift wrapping supplies in the back.

Go to Big C or Tesco (both supermarkets/chain stores) and you'll find everything you need, on the ring road not far from you.

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant.

But there's something to be said for supporting the smaller local shops around town. It creates a stronger community - kind of like resisting the Walmartization of North America.

Go to Big C or Tesco (both supermarkets/chain stores) and you'll find everything you need, on the ring road not far from you.

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant.

But there's something to be said for supporting the smaller local shops around town. It creates a stronger community - kind of like resisting the Walmartization of North America.

I'm with you 100% on that point but when it comes to trying to direct a newbie as to where to buy the basics, it sometimes becomes too difficult to even contemplate.

There's a shop along the street near the entrance to Warorot that sells a variety of hangers at fair prices. About a half block south of the pedestrian overpass at the Warorot entrance, west side of the road. Hangers are near the front door. There's a lot of kitchen stuff in there, stationary supplies, and a huge selection of gift wrapping supplies in the back.

Sounds like Chiang Mai Plastic. If the OP is going to be in CM for a while, it might be valuable to ask a "veteran" for a guided tour of Warorot, pointing out key landmarks like Kul (for sewing notions, buttons, etc), CM Plastic, the Indian spice merchant, the section with cheap cosmetics, the shop near the Chinese temple with name brand cosmetics and personal care products, etc, etc. Of course, the fabric shops are easy to find, but some are better for cottons, some for sheer fabric, some for fabric for household items like curtains, some for men's suit fabric, some for traditional Thai pha sin fabrics, etc, etc.

Sounds like Chiang Mai Plastic. If the OP is going to be in CM for a while, it might be valuable to ask a "veteran" for a guided tour of Warorot

well I've been here nan leaw mak mak!

Always willing to lend a helping hand to newbies!

Hi Morny!

Welcome to Chiang Mai. I see you've been here a little while and I'm glad that you were able to find hangers; also NancyL has thrown out more ideas for getting settled. I gather that it is a surprise to some of us that hangers must be purchased at all.

But this is a learning forum, so you also will have learned that it's best to have a 'thick skin' when asking even for the slightest assistance. Often times a responder is fresh from having sat on a glass and has shards :blink:.... well, just imagine.

My own comfort in CM was assisted by walking a lot with eyes wide open instead of motoring, and this is the season for going about on foot as much as possible. I'm still at it after two years here.

Edited by CMX

Do you really need to make a post on a forum about how to buy clothes hangers? What other daily activities do you need help with?

Your only saying that because you know where to get them.

I have a clothes hanger hookup.. I save 5 satang per clothes hanger when I buy over 20 of them. If you want my contact, PM me. After a background check, and 30,000 pages of forms of which you must sign each page, and then 325 passport sized photos, we might let you in on this special deal.

OK, if you don't want to read posts about things like clothes hangers, towels and sheets, then ignore them and go straight to the latest hamburger or pizza thread.

The problem is , the title of the thread didn't precisely indicate that he needed help buying clothes hangers.. If it said 'where to buy clothes hangers in CM' I would have skipped it . Instead, I was curious that MAYBE he was referring to people hanging their clothes around Niemenheman .. I thought it might actually be more interesting than 'where to buy clothes hangers in chiang mai..' For example, I skipped the one about the king size bed sheets..

OK, if you don't want to read posts about things like clothes hangers, towels and sheets, then ignore them and go straight to the latest hamburger or pizza thread.

Indeed, it seems that some people have decided that rather than offer information to a newbie they'd rather troll. And while it may seem a simple question to some, its always good to look back to when you were totally green, didn't speak the language and were trying to get started out and have a bit of human empathy. It wouldn't go amiss among some people on this forum.

I am getting mightily tired of the trolling, piss taking and general antagonistic boys in the sandbox attitude among some so am now issuing a formal warning. Keep it up and I will suspend you.

Do you really need to make a post on a forum about how to buy clothes hangers? What other daily activities do you need help with?

That's the great thing about ThaiVisa - the community of folks ready to help with guidance and share their local knowledge. As a recent arrival in CM myself, I really appreciate the community here that welcomes requests for information and does not ridicule anyone for asking about things that might be obvious to long-term residents.

So, since you have been so kind with this offer of other things new arrivals might need help with...

...I'd like to know where I can find:

• a good stiff-bristled, long-handled back brush for the shower
  • a generously cut, all-cotton house-coat
  • a soap dish that can attach to vertical tiles in the bathroom with suction cups, and
  • a motorbike helmet that doesn't leave a bright red dent in my forehead after 10 minutes of use.

Looking forward to your assistance, and thanks in advance.

whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif