90Day Report

wally1k

Hi

I am retired

I was out of the country when my 90 day report was due at Immigration.

It has been about two weeks since my return.

How long do I have to contact CM immigration?

Thanx

Walt

Edited by wally1k

weird thread - 90 day reporting is to say you have not LEFT thailand for............................ 90 days

Not really a weird question. The OP was not fully aware of the 90 days rule application. Many people think that they must report on the date stamped on the slip at the time of reporting even if they have left and re-entered the country. The OP was just being cautious that he would not be considered in overstay.

You don't have to report again until 90 days after your re-entry.You only report when you have stayed in Thailand for 90 days since your last report or entry.

Thanks - Saved me a trip down there.

Walt

I was there a few days ago, and although the queue decreased at a good speed of two minutes per number, I still

had to spend almost one and a half hour there to do my 90 day report. I grabbed some extra forms and will

mail my report the next time.

A bit off topic, but here is some info: I did my 90 day report today arriving there about 1:30. I was a bit shocked to see the queue ahead of me was 66 people, but less than an hour later I was done. The are processing the 90 day reports very efficiently so don't worry too much if you get a queue number much higher than what they are serving.

And don't leave it too late!

I was due to report on Sunday 4th December but somehow it had slipped my mind. I went on Tuesday 13th Dec. and argued that since the office was closed for some holiday on Sat 10th ; Sunday11th and Monday 12th I was reporting 6 days after the due date. You are allowed 7 days. " 6 working days" I said, "You can't count holidays". The front counter man wouldn't accept this interprtation. I elected to argue it out with 'the lady" in the back office. Nothing doing. 2000baht fine. So take note ; Neither Sundays nor holidays, when the office is closed, are discounted. 7 days means 7 days not 7 "working days". It's not fair.angry.gif

The 7 day rule applies because you can do your 90 day reports at border crossings, which are open 365 days a year ,except when the yellow shirts antagonise the Khmer and a bit of a war breaks out which happened where I live. The border was closed for a bit. Caution !! Last month ,when I did my90 day, it was done on a computer, .No manual filling in of forms any more. How widesread this will become ,I don't know, but it is certainly in operation At Chong Chom Border Crossing in Surin. You don't even have to sign your name. You just give your passport to the Comp. operator-He'She does the rest.

It really is about time they did away with this ridiculous, bureaucratic and archaic nonsense.

Oops forgot TIT.

PS. What would happen if you have all the monetary requirements to live here + some, but put down on the 90 day form ' No Fixed Abode - Travelling Around Thailand'. I don't think there's a law saying a retired person must live in the same place day after day....is there?

Edited by uptheos

It really is about time they did away with this ridiculous, bureaucratic and archaic nonsense.

Oops forgot TIT.

PS. What would happen if you have all the monetary requirements to live here + some, but put down on the 90 day form ' No Fixed Abode - Travelling Around Thailand'. I don't think there's a law saying a retired person must live in the same place day after day....is there?

No law like that but read your departure card.

You have 24 to report if you change the address.#4