Nongbau Lampoo

mrmazinkle

• 2 weeks later...

The Nattapong is the best hotel, 800baht a night for a pool side room. There are a few new bungalow resorts but the rooms are too a small plus the Nattapong is near town.

There is one place where farrang drink and thats on the left about 100yards past Lang market, not much choice I am affraid this is deep down issan.

Hi,Scully, i will be moving to Non Bua Lamphu in 2012, my gf lives in Ban Knok, and i dont know much about the area are you living there? can you give me an idea of what it is like? Any houses for rent? any info would help

Cheers

Scoop

Loads of houses to rent, not much to do but a lovely town. Very cheap to live here but I have got a pig farm so I am always busy.

Very friendly people and there are a handful of farrang but most drink all day so choose well. I might see you aroundbiggrin.png.

Hi Scully,

aside from Hotels, what else does NongBua have in the way of

shopping centres. Any Big C or Tescos ? movie theatre ?

cheers

None of the above, although I have heard they are building a Lotus somewhere on the ring road.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are going to live in Nonbua you'll need to have a hobby. There isn't much in the way of shopping complexes or cinemas.

There are quite a few small bars in town that regularly play live music which are quite nice to have a drink and relax. There are also two bigger venues, Bao Dang that has live thai music and Rads which is a disco.

There is one farang bar owned by a german guy that on Sundays attracts quite a crowd of people from surrounding villages if you feel like catching up with some expats for a chat. Across the road from this bar is another bar with pool tables that was recently purchased by an American guy, I have only been there once since and it was a little bit quiet.

Other days it you'll see the same couple of faces who do like a drink or ten.

There is quite a nice lake in the centre of town for jogging around and it also has exercise equipment in the park if you are in to that.

• 4 months later...

One of these days I'm gonna visit the place with the big green Beer Chang sign out in front (the main Falang bar, as far as I know. Is that the one operated by the German?). My villagers talk about it like it's the province's "den of iniquity" and keep asking me if I've been there yet (my wife's aunt owns the building)... So far, no. Too busy... Nice to know about the pool hall across 210.

2012-0312a.JPG