Letter From Thai Employment

Thanks for reading.

I am about to apply for a uk visit visa for my Thai GF.

She has spoken to personnel at her employment and they are happy to write a letter on headed paper which will be stamped and signed.

She works in a restaurant / pool bar serving food and drinks as a waitress and her personnel showed her a letter they issued to another employee recently and she has sent me a photo of it which I have copied the wording but added a few sentences. Her manager said basically tell me what you want me to write and I'll do it for you.

She has worked there since May and they are happy to keep her job open for 3 months until she returns.

We plan on submitting application on the 3rd and visa permitting planning on flying to uk on 16th of January together all being well

She will actually finish work on the 28th of December to meet me in BKK for the 29th. All being well she will return to Thailand on 13th April and return to work on the 16th April

Shall I include all dates.

What I am after help with is there anything missing from the basic letter from them which could be very important for the embassy to see.

December 28 2011

Certificate of Employment

To whom it may concern

This is to certify that miss A****n S********t is employed by My Company Co Ltd since May 3 2011 to present. Her is now holding the position of a waitress with a monthly salary of baht 6600

Her last day will be December 28 for her to visit England 

A**** is a very good worker and we are happy to keep her job open for her to return to. 

I hereby certify that the above mentioned are true and correct

Sincerely yours

Any comments and advise are welcome

The letter doesn't say when they expect her to return; to be any use it should.

Most Thai employees only get two to three weeks holiday a year, so the embassy are sometimes suspicious of letters granting three months. Therefore her boss may be contacted by the embassy to confirm the contents of the letter.

As the letter is written in English they will expect to talk to her boss in English. If they can't, then they may suspect that the letter is a forgery and so refuse the visa. If her boss can't speak English then get them to rewrite the letter in Thai and submit that together with a translation.

To be quite honest, the letter will carry very little weight with the visa officer. No company in Thailand ( I know I am generalising ) would give an employee 3 months leave after having employed her for only 6/7 months. In fact most companies wouldn't give 3 months leave to an empoyee no matter how long they had been employed. The visa officer will most likely take the view that the letter is not genuine. He may well call the restaurant to ask if she is employed there, but even confirmation of this will not necessarily convince him that she has 3 months leave. Her employer will almost certainly not "keep her job open", and someone will have that job the minute she leaves. That doesn't necessarily mean that she won't be given a job when she returns, but the statement by her employer really isn't credible.

You need to make the rest of the visa application strong as the visa officer will be looking at her as a person with no job to return to in Thailand.

Edited by VisasPlus

Beware writing the letter yourself and getting employer to sign, A friend did this and as he wrote it in english this was checked the employer told the ukba who wrote it she got a 10 year ban, had he payed for a translation she would of got through

UKBA look for reason to return like dependants (parents are dependants) has she got any land or own anything if so include this too,

Have you met the parents yet, include photo's if you have

Just out of interest how many times have you met

Thanks Gents.

This will be my 3rd visit to Thailand.

I have spend much of that time with her family which is all documented and we have many photo's.

Her manager is more than happy to keep her job open for her.

I'm not saying the position won't be filled whilst she is away but there will be a job available to her on return.

The letter is based out of truth and what more can I do.

I take on board the letter being in Thai even tho the manager can speak and write English.

I would just get it translated.

Any other comments.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck

Thanks Gents.

This will be my 3rd visit to Thailand.

I have spend much of that time with her family which is all documented and we have many photo's.

Her manager is more than happy to keep her job open for her.

I'm not saying the position won't be filled whilst she is away but there will be a job available to her on return.

The letter is based out of truth and what more can I do.

I take on board the letter being in Thai even tho the manager can speak and write English.

I would just get it translated.

Any other comments.

The letter can be in either Thai or English.

However, as said previously, if it is in English and if the ECO wishes to speak ti it's author to confirm the contents, and given the amount of leave she is being given I would not be surprised if they do, then they will expect to speak to the author in English. If the author cannot do so then the ECO will almost certainly believe the letter to be fraudulent.

If it's written in Thai then do include an English translation. The ECO then wont speak to it's author directly but have one of the Thai staff members do so in Thai.

Your choice.

Personally, I'd go with a letter written in Thai, with a translation. When the embassy Thai staff member calls your g/f's employer they will be able to have a better conversation. Then the employer can explain that your g/f will have her job back when she returns.

I agree though, that this in itself, is not a very strong reason to return.

Hopefully you will have demonstrated the strength of your relationship, and can show other commitments that your g/f has in Thailand that will help to convince the ECO that she will indeed return after her visit.

I don't think this letter by itself will be enough.

Good luck,

Biff