Retirement Extension

Applying for one year extension to my non O visa soon.

I have:

letter from bank

bank statement

photocopies of the above

photocopies of all pages of my passport and TM 6

photocopies of all pages of my bank book

TM 7

passport photo

Where they ask for the reason for applying, is it sufficient just to put "retirement"?

Where they ask for method of travel I put "foot", as my last entry was at Mae Sai. Is that OK, or should I put "bus"?

Is one photocopy of each and one photo enough?

Thank you for any advice you may give.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Address is critical as that determines where you are allowed to extend your stay. If staying with wife have proof of marriage and her ID card/home register paperwork (or lease if not the same as current address). This may not be asked after first extension but for the first something is likely to be required.

Address is critical as that determines where you are allowed to extend your stay. If staying with wife have proof of marriage and her ID card/home register paperwork (or lease if not the same as current address). This may not be asked after first extension but for the first something is likely to be required.

Thanks. That's why this forum is so great. I'd never have thought of that myself.

Cost is 1k single or 3.8k multi and valid until stamped permitted to stay date (so get the extension first). No need for any set dates on request - but it could save the expense if your travel is beyond what the re-entry permit would authorize (as one posted noted today).

It's just a good idea to purchase at least a single-re-enty permit to keep in your passport in case you're called out of the country suddenly and don't have time to arrange for one. We've seen too many stories on this forum of people who have to leave in a rush and forfeit their "retirement visas" in leaving. They think that somehow they can "reactivate" it. Nope, it doesn't work that way -- you get to start over from ground zero.

Edited by NancyL

And also remember that extension of stay does not cancel out your 90 day report date

They are separate actions and normally must be done at different times

There are a few small Immigration Offices that allow you to do both at the same time so check with them

However, it sounds as if this is the OP's first extension, and the first extension (and only the first) does also count as a 90 day report.

Sophon

And also remember that extension of stay does not cancel out your 90 day report date

They are separate actions and normally must be done at different times

There are a few small Immigration Offices that allow you to do both at the same time so check with them

However, it sounds as if this is the OP's first extension, and the first extension (and only the first) does also count as a 90 day report.

Sophon

A little puzzled by this one.

I also have to do my first extention early next month.

My present O visa is only for 90 days so therefore my 90 day reports will only start after I get an extention which will continue from the expiry date of the origional O visa and not from the date the extention is given.

So then my first 90 day report will be 90 days after the present expirey date of the ) visa.

Have I got that correct?

I will need all the same papers as I took for the O application plus new bank book letter and photo copy of bank book, correct?

Also when I applied (Suan phlu) I took along copies of rental agreement and blue book, she glanced at them and handed them back, seems they were not required.

Are you asking about 90 day address report or are you also asking about one year extension of stay requirements?

You make 90 day address report 90 days after your application was made for the one year extension of stay (TM.7). You need to fill out a form TM.47 and present passport/arrival card. Nothing else is normally required at most locations.