New Thai Airline Launches Maiden Flight With Transsexual Attendants

webfact

As an American, I would take the "third genders" (who work hard to look like a "perfect female") over the unsmiling, granny bully flight attendants they have on Delta and United Airlines.

You are spot on. Delta and American have some of the rudist people I've ever seen. I'll never fly either one again.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an American, I would take the "third genders" (who work hard to look like a "perfect female") over the unsmiling, granny bully flight attendants they have on Delta and United Airlines.

You are spot on. Delta and American have some of the rudist people I've ever seen. I'll never fly either one again.

Apologies for the off topic but I had the misfortune to fly United years ago and the flight attendant, after asking whether I wanted chicken or beef, and receiving the reply "chicken please", told me sternly " we haven't got any left"

Huh?

Come fly with he/she! Thai carrier PC Air takes to the skies with 'ladyboy' flight attendants

By LEON WATSON

Fasten your seatbelts! A Thai airline that hired transsexuals as flight attendants to set itself apart from competitors has taken to the skies.

PC Air, a new charter airline that plans to fly routes across Asia, originally set out to hire only male and female flight attendants.

But it changed its mind after receiving more than 100 job applications from transvestites and transsexuals.

Four were chosen, along with 19 female and 7 male flight attendants.

They are Chayathisa Nakmai, Dissanai Chitpraphachin, Nathatai Sukkaset and Phuntakarn Sringern.

Now the new trolly dollies have made their first journey on a flight from Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok to Surat Thani province, southern Thailand.

The airline is hoping to expand with new routes later this month. [more...]

Pictures/Full story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2074442/Thai-airline-PC-Air-takes-skies-ladyboy-flight-attendants.html#ixzz1gbjZb6Sb

-- dailymail.co.uk 2011-12-16

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-16

During the interview process the airline said that the qualifications for the ladyboy flight attendants were the same as for female flight attendants, with the additional provisos that they be like women in how they walk and talk, and have a feminine voice and the right attitude.

This is very true i traveled through the states and had this same experience on both the airlines mentioned

I always thought that all the male cabin crew on Quantas were gay because it was safer for them up there.

Or so I was told by a Fosters swilling Aussie "bloke" one time.

Thats why Qantas has the nickname Quaint arse! and better them than some of the Battle axes you see on some USA ailines ,where the retirement age iis Death !

Of course it's something of a gimmick. And it has attracted some attention so perhaps it has worked for PC Air.

Wouldn't work for me, can't stand them! Avoid contact with them whenever I can.

Great idea, many foreigners are fascinated by ladyboys, most people I know can't tell the difference between a ladyboy and a lady, until they speak of course. Why not put them on long distant flights, I think it would boost tourism here, too.

Isn't there a sometimes small difference between ladyboys and transsexuals???

I'll second that! These cute transsexuals are probably going to make terrific flight attendants!

It's not only in Thailand, in England people travel to Manchester's Canal Street to enjoy the gay pubs and clubs. In Australia they have big Gay Pride parades, in most cities in the US there are Gay Pride parades so why not have ladyboy air stewards. Come on this is 2011 the world is a different place. People want more varity in their lives, Thailand leads the way.

I always thought AirTran had pioneered this.

If they try it on regular Thai flights I will never fly them again. I'll go the long way if I have too.

I can't believe your text! Time for you to walk to Uzbekistan, or wherever you come from. It's actually very sad that people do not allow others to be what they want to be.jap.gif