Ed Visa Only 14250 Thb, Is It Legal ?

hi i got this link, from a friend,

www.visaandtefl.com they offer legal ED-visa for thailand 15 months at only

I talked with a friend about this, as common price is 25.000-30.000

it seems, the price only include online classes, but the ministry of education, claim the school should be able to proof you paticipate in the classes, so im little unsure how they will handle this part, so we as the students dont get into any trouble in the immigrations.

Anyone have experience with this company ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal opinion is that:

you will have to log onto the software to use it, there will be a connection to a server based at the company's office, this will check the time you have been online and how long you studied for, it will notice if you just leave the machine logged onto the software and just go out shopping, as it will shut down after a while of you not using the software.

This is how they use software at a university I taught at, and graded the students on their use.

Price is okay, but is that a multi entry visa where you will have to leave every 90days, and that will not be included in the fees, or a single entry where you will have to report to immigration every 90 days?

added - reading through it seems you get a 90 day visa, then apply for extension, what the company has not stated is that the extension costs 1900baht, is this included in their price? Or have I read it wrong....

Edited by beano2274

My personal opinion is that:

you will have to log onto the software to use it, there will be a connection to a server based at the company's office, this will check the time you have been online and how long you studied for, it will notice if you just leave the machine logged onto the software and just go out shopping, as it will shut down after a while of you not using the software.

This is how they use software at a university I taught at, and graded the students on their use.

Price is okay, but is that a multi entry visa where you will have to leave every 90days, and that will not be included in the fees, or a single entry where you will have to report to immigration every 90 days?

as far as i know, all ed visa need 90 day reporting, but multi entry is available, normally i pay 1000 for single entry, but i think to get multi is about 3000 for 1 y

A single entry visa is 2k and multi 5k and will not be included in the course price of any school AFAIK (as students on other visa entry would not need them). The below says they provide the documents for you to obtain the visa after you pay for the course. They say one year visa but go on to say you must extend every 90 days so in fact most would not even be able to get a one year visa paying themselves and have to pay 1,900 baht every 90 days for extensions in addition to the original 2k for the visa.

http://visaandtefl.com/faqs/faq-ed-visa/

So 14250 for a years course but every 90 days after the initial 90 days pay 1900 so

14250 plus (1900 x 3) 5700 is 19950baht plus inital visa cost 1900 total now 21850 baht.

that now sounds about right.

Edited by beano2274

So 14250 for a years course but every 90 days after the initial 90 days pay 1900 so

14250 plus (1900 x 3) 5700 is 19950baht plus inital visa cost 1900 total now 21850 baht.

But.... all Ed visa require 1900 on 90 days, thats the point even if you pay 25.000 you will pay 1900 after 90 days

there package is about half price than others

If you click on 'Services' and the 'ED Visa' it is all explained..

If you are now outside of Thailand, with all the paperwork from OLA you will get a 1 year Visa good for almost 15 months, every 90 days you will need to do a boarder run use a day Visa Run Van cost just under 2,000 baht......... If already in Thailand you will get a 90 day Visa from outside of Thailand, and then every 90 days go to Immigration for an extension @ 1,900 baht.

If you are already in Thailand, Fly to KL stay overnight or 2, total cost about 10,000 baht [flight, hotel,underground trains in KL and ED Visa] if you use a Visa Van/Bus from BKK prices start from 6,700 baht [Transport, Immigration service, visa fee Cambodia or Laos, hotel, Embassy service and ED Visa fee]......... NOTE you do this even when paying other Companies for a 1 year class of 25 + thousand baht.

Also note that on there website + I have spoken on the phone the School in BKK for both in class and online is closed at moment because of the floods, re opens later in Jan 2012.

http://www.olainter.ac.th/index.php/services/ed-visa-2/

http://visaandtefl.com/services/thai-course-and-price/

I doubt you will get a 1 year multiple ED-visa, even the consulate in Hull doesn't issue these anymore. The norm is one gets a single entry ED-visa good for 90 days and apply for extensions of stay with paperwork from the school at immigration.

Edit: That is also what OLA states on their webiste.

5. Upon arrival, students will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 90 days and

then with the necessary paperwork provided by OLA (another letter from the MOE,

certifying the enrolment), students will be able to extend their stay every 90

days at the local immigration office for the duration of the course.

But.... all Ed visa require 1900 on 90 days, thats the point even if you pay 25.000 you will pay 1900 after 90 days

there package is about half price than others

Do not forget if you continue at the school, year 2 = just the school fee of 15,000 baht + every 90 days 1.900 baht to Immigration, you do not need another Visa

EDIT:

Not 100% sure but think some of the other schools include all the books sent to you, with this school you download them, print them if you wish. [so add cost of books sent to you every month for 12 month, easy to see where the extra baht come from]

Edited by ignis

If i compare with walen, i only see in this one there is a 10.000 bath price difference, nothing else than that really ?

Walen classes and visa fee 24960 + 4 x 1900 extentions = 32560

OLEA classes and visa fee 14250 + 4 x 1900 extentions = 21850

By the way OLEA have speel error in there Logo.....Academy (Acedemey)............quite some teachers.

Edited by Nakonama

I hate these places that advertise unlimited stay in Thailand, but that is business.

To the Op, is the school so highly recommended? I would look around, but at the end of the day if you are happy you will be paying. If you have to do extensions at Immigration beware they do ask questions in Thai to also check your abilities, if you cannot answer they may not accept your extension application.

If i compare with walen, i only see in this one there is a 10.000 bath price difference, nothing else than that really ?

By the way OLEA have speel error in there Logo.....Academy (Acedemey)............quite some teachers.

I have no idea how others work... but I did contact lots of schools about 2 years ago, as I really want to better the bit of Thai I have...... at the end of the day it was the cost of going to school, [over 70k] one school said lessons were 2x week and if I wanted to only learn spoken Thai then did not need to go to the 2nd day every week.. was not only the petrol it would take but also the times, many started or finished in rush hour or at night, would be no fun in the car for 3 or 4 hours of traffic to get to school to then try to lean something for 90 mins..

I then looked this year at 'online' from what I could see, some schools you did ALL the lessons online with a teacher, you also got sent books every month all in the price.... OLA was some online with a teacher the rest was home study online lessons, I have downloaded some great video lessons, saving these to my PC can watch and learn and re-run them time and time again... so in the 1st 90 days have been learning for at least 100 hours...... For me and my bad memory living out in the sticks OLA appeared to be the best option., also the cheaper.

So the different in price between the 2 schools mentioned looks to be clear as to why...

Only one problem that was the floods, but for me and for the school and teachers which they posted every week on there website... I received my paperwork for my 1st extension the day the post re-started in this area Wednesday 2 days ago, my 90days ran out Thursday last week, Wednesday I went to KL for a 60 day Visa.. If I had a crystal ball then could have gone to Immigration for the 7 day extension [you MUST have a visa to continue the ED visa]......

I do notice on the OLA paperwork that my year fees the end month has been extended..

Edited by ignis

We had here several discussions of the OLA ED-Visa. I have personal experience using them as a job placement agency and their interpretation of Thai laws and regulations concerning legal teaching are not in accordance with the normal requirements for a working permit and B-Visa.

Here is the owner of the website:

Registrant:

Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com

15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353

Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: VISAANDTEFL.COM

Created on: 21-Aug-11

Expires on: 21-Aug-12

Last Updated on: 21-Aug-11

Administrative Contact:

Private, Registration [email protected]

Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com

15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353

Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

United States

(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Why they hide behind this company ? Would be interesting to hear from people getting extensions based on this online Language course. Please share

I doubt you will get a 1 year multiple ED-visa, even the consulate in Hull doesn't issue these anymore.

Hull have changed their minds again. Their website changed again earlier this month and now looks like they will issue multiple entry ED visas.

Hope the ED visas will not be affected by more and more schools offering super cheap visas as their main product. Ok guys, keep pretending that this is not the abuse of the system. Save money and destroy the system. Later you can move to Cambodia, some say it is a good alternative to Thailand so if you do not like Thailand enough get ready.

Walen School - not the cheapest but most reliable.

Hope the ED visas will not be affected by more and more schools offering super cheap visas as their main product. Ok guys, keep pretending that this is not the abuse of the system. Save money and destroy the system. Later you can move to Cambodia, some say it is a good alternative to Thailand so if you do not like Thailand enough get ready.

Walen School - not the cheapest but most reliable.

i wouldent doubt Walen or any other professionel school,

i just wonder if the school i reffer to, is legal or not.

and if any one have paid 14250 bath.

:cheesy: So they make "speel" errors, do they?

With your lowercase i, in stead of the capital letter when referring to yourself, I think you should brush up your own English first. You also missed another capital letter. Can you see it? Quite some critic you are.

Edited by TechnikaIII

Hi

i do this visa in Samui with Telf and i just come back from Malaysia and it's ok ambassade give me ED visa, and immigration give me 3 months after that need to go to immigration and he will give me 1 year visa, every 3 months need to go immigration just for cheak adress etc

This visa it's the best for people don't have work permit and not more 50 years and dont need to go school... wink.gif but can go to the beach...

Isn't it a condition of the Ed visa that you maintain your studies on some regular basis? And if , for any unforeseen reason, (sickness, injury beyond your control) the education authority can cancel the sponsorship of your visa? Which gives the education authority a great deal of power over your ability to maintain the visa. And what if you decide you don't like that school and want to switch?

It seems to me you would be better off with a NON-B (business) multi-entry visa. It costs 15,000 bht, is available online, with 90 day reporting, all the same as the ED visa. The benefit is that your visa sponsor is a legal/law company , and not a school. If you choose to study while on your business stay, fine, up to you.

Even if you want to study during your stay, Isn't the NON-B visa a better way to go?

Whilst study related, my question is off on a tangent from the original post.

Is there any law prohibiting study at a school such as Walen, whilst in the Kingdom on another visa?

I am aware of the minimum attendance hours required to qualify for an Ed visa, but not aware of any law against attending lessons whilst on a tourist visa, or a 'Non Imm. O', for example.

I imagine that one or days a week would be a matter between the student and school only.

My friend has got an ED visa here on Samui. Paid 12,500 baht plus 1,500 baht for the paperwork. Had to go to Penang to get the first 3 month ED visa at 2,500 baht plus the cost of getting there hotel and return. You have to attend the classes though they are very relaxed as to when you go but you do have to attend. You then just get the paperwork necessary to get a 90 day extension at 1,900 baht a pop. Hope this has cleared things up for people.

Isn't it a condition of the Ed visa that you maintain your studies on some regular basis? And if , for any unforeseen reason, (sickness, injury beyond your control) the education authority can cancel the sponsorship of your visa? Which gives the education authority a great deal of power over your ability to maintain the visa. And what if you decide you don't like that school and want to switch?

It seems to me you would be better off with a NON-B (business) multi-entry visa. It costs 15,000 bht, is available online, with 90 day reporting, all the same as the ED visa. The benefit is that your visa sponsor is a legal/law company , and not a school. If you choose to study while on your business stay, fine, up to you.

Even if you want to study during your stay, Isn't the NON-B visa a better way to go?

15000baht is still expensive, but being sponsored by a legal firm sounds a bit dodgy to me. If the legal firm sponsor you then do they sponsor your WP even though, and do they follow the rules of 4 to 1 (thai to farang) workers. What happens when the Immigration officer starts asking about your business and WP and other matters.

Hi

i do this visa in Samui with Telf and i just come back from Malaysia and it's ok ambassade give me ED visa, and immigration give me 3 months after that need to go to immigration and he will give me 1 year visa, every 3 months need to go immigration just for cheak adress etc

This visa it's the best for people don't have work permit and not more 50 years and dont need to go school... wink.gif but can go to the beach...

You should be locked up, to show you why you shouldn't abuse the system. Don't worry, prison will suit you, because just like the beach, you don't need to go to school. You will like it.