Cost Of A Mini Bus Hire From Airport To Korat

soihok

Will be going up to Korat at the end of January and it looks as if we ( party of four with a child and a load of bags ) will be wanting to take a mini bus or 7 seater taxi up to Korat.

Will only have 2 weeks before flying out again so not interested in bus staions.

Anyone have an idea of the price of one of the above if hired at the arrivals in Bangkok, or any suggestion of an office / counter to head to rather than approaching a tout?

Thanks

If are going to Korat do you know some one local there? If so you could maybe ask them to get a mini bus to come down for you rather than hope there is a suitable vehicle available when you arrive. I imagine this would be cheaper too.

A Google search for taxi firms will bring up some results, don't discount the Pattaya ones.

Price? 4000 for a mini bus a little less for a seven seated car is an educated guess.

Hope this helps.

Edited by andiwilson

Have found a mini bus to collect us. One of my workmates here in Singapore owns a couple of Toyota Commuters and can collect.

Just didn't fancy having to do battle with the taxi touts in airport.

Have found a mini bus to collect us. One of my workmates here in Singapore owns a couple of Toyota Commuters and can collect.

Just didn't fancy having to do battle with the taxi touts in airport.

The official touts would have charged you a fortune, the unofficial ones have not been there on my last couple of trips which is a shame as they charged ok rates.

1.If are going to Korat do you know some one local there? If so you could maybe ask them to get a mini bus to come down for you rather than hope there is a suitable vehicle available when you arrive. I imagine this would be cheaper too.

2.Price? 4000 for a mini bus a little less for a seven seated car is an educated guess.

@1. indeed-people going there will most likely visit family-or fam is spe. They know better. isan rates are lower too. Plus- ''only'' 2 weeks-you loose maybe 1 hr by the bus-assuming it is Khorat city and not some forlorn minor moobaan some 126 kms away from it-the most obvious confusion most ignorant farang make.

@2. WAY too high- here in BKK you very often seen ads in the minivans '' for hire by the day'' for about 1200/1500 PLUS Fuel=of course dep. on distance, that means back the same day in BKK though-easily done to/fro Khorat as well. As a very rough rule of thumb with about 6/5 people you beat normal AC-busfares with a hire. But of course prearranged, and via the ww-means someone who knows enough english and how to handle all that-taht drives up the cost.

Next best: these minivans also leave direct for Khorat (CITY_again specify if that is not wanted!!) from the Vict. MOnument-an easy ride by ARL-and you simply pay for all 14 or 15 seats for your ''party'' and have the thing for yourself and set off. (about 200 bt/pp)

Its going to cost me 1200 baht, plus the diesel and toll charges. Thats from the airport to our door.

We will be going to Sikhu ( about 40 km before Korat ).

Better than having my brother in law drive down to collect us ( my Wife, Mother 72, Child 4 and me + a load of bags ).

:)

Thanks for your comments.

Edited by soihok

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like your sorted but if ypu need it in future i have used this company based opposite the Mall in Korat a few times. Have used their normal cars and mini buses.

Pay for the car rental and driver (approx 1200 - 1500 baht) and you put in diesel and pay tolls.

All in was about 3500 baht not too bad.

http://www.fodocarre...m/index_eng.asp

Thanks welshchris, will certainly keep this info.

( britchris )