Tiger Air, Singapore To Bkk

Spee

Hi All,

Work stateside but will be in Singapore for business in Jan and Feb, which provides an opportunity to hop over to Bkk for a couple of days to see my family. Tiger Airlines appears to be the best choice for cost and schedule, but I'm on a relatively tight and fixed schedule for when I can depart and when I need to be back to catch my return flight to the states.

Would be grateful for any feedback on reliability, on-time depart/arrive, cancellations, general customer services, etc., with Tiger. This would be my first time flying with them, and I'm trying to determine if paying more to fly Thai Airways is worth it for added chance of on-time departures and reduced chance of cancellations.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Cheers,

Spee

Tiger's really very good, good service, quality and price, have flown with them on the HKT/SIN run three times and no issues whatsoever, on time in and out on all legs and on all flights, book it properly and it can be super cheap - given a choice I would chose Tiger over Thai, Thai has a nasty habit of cancelling flights at real short notice and, to be honest, I can't recall the last time that my Thai flight was on time.

note 1; TR uses the LOWCOST term in Chhangi-so to transit, you MUST immigr SIN-catch the free shuttle us to main terminal with luggage etc and then check in a new-that eats time.

note 2- the happy exp. above is not shared by ayone-TR does get many bad reviews-and I am sure you must know of far better and much more extensive airline review sites as this measly TV-flights often cancellen/retimed when demand is low, late flights-esp. later in the day, bitchy flight''watching''attendants, who even grab food away from pax (yes-it is forbidden to eat own brought in) to protect their commission on sales made, etc. Those cheap airls are OL when everything goes smooth, but you are screwed, exp with some imprtt (not changebale/transferable??) long interconti flight in tight connection.

Asanee makes a valid point about Tiger's use of the Charter Airline Terminal at SIN but given that the two building are pretty close to each other that shouldn't be a major issue I wouldn't have thought. I can't agree with the comments though regarding cancelled flights at short notice due to lack of passengers, two of my three flights with Tiger from Phuket to Singapore saw me being one of only ten or fifteen passengers at most, the return flight however seem to nearly always be quite full. Thai Airways by contrast had/has a nasty habit of cancelling it's mid morning Phuket/Bangkok flight unless the flight was/is fully booked, even the travel agents in HKT advise against that flight due to the uncertainty.

Asanee makes a valid point about Tiger's use of the Charter Airline Terminal at SIN but given that the two building are pretty close to each other that shouldn't be a major issue I wouldn't have thought. I can't agree with the comments though regarding cancelled flights at short notice due to lack of passengers, two of my three flights with Tiger from Phuket to Singapore saw me being one of only ten or fifteen passengers at most, the return flight however seem to nearly always be quite full. Thai Airways by contrast had/has a nasty habit of cancelling it's mid morning Phuket/Bangkok flight unless the flight was/is fully booked, even the travel agents in HKT advise against that flight due to the uncertainty.

I have flown Singapore to Phuket and Bangkok every 2 weeks for the last few years and probably 60 odd percent of that on Tiger. Only once was flight cancelled and must admit was not impressed as it meant I missed my connection to Khon Kaen - not much concern shown by Tiger.