Govt Aims To Amend Charter To Facilitate Thaksin's Return

webfact

The only words that would describe this government are stupid , foolish, incompetent idiots, if this go's ahead.:bah:

I wonder if this reflect the kind of voters that put them in government in the first place?

YES..YES..YES...

+100

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thais have only had democracy since 1932.

1932 was end of Thailand being an absolute monarchy. It was NOT really the beginning of democracy as most of the time since 1932 it has been ruled by military governments which can hardly be called democratic. 1992 saw perhaps the starting of some kind of democracy with protests in Bangkok against the government of General Suchinda Kraprayoon and the bloody military crackdown that followed. But with vast vote buying and the deep rooted culture of corruption I still feel that this country does not have democracy as we know it in the west. The best I could possible describe Thai politics is DEMOCRAZY.

North Korea much better than Thailand... :cheesy:

Sorry folks, the entries for the 2011 Most Outrageous Post award are closed now, we have a winner already.

You're just a victim of mass-media brain-washing. Go educate yourself, kiddo. Or better go there and see yourself.

N.K. has it's own nuclear program. Thailand hasnt.

N.K. has free education (and it is much BETTER than in TH), including universities. Thailand is out of any compares.

N.K. has free medical service for all. In Thailand, your wallet will be sucked first.

N.K. has its own space program and a few satellites+ballistic missiles. Thailand has zero.

In NK, you'll be guaranteed for a job. A minimum payable job - but there are NO jobless ppl there. Think of it.

In NK, there is no world economical crisis. At all.

NK has it's own automobile production (designed, built and being exported to China). Read again: China imports NK's cars, while it is well known as a main EXPORTER of everything. The answer is simple: NK's cars are better and cheaper than CH's ones.

NK is the only country where you not paying taxes. Any. It is tax-free country.

And the main thing: NK is not licking anyone's ass (in terms of countries).

I may compare thousands of points...should I continue? Yes, they are having hard times now after their Big Brother (USSR) is down 20 years ago, and there is no support. They MUST live at their own - and they DO live, and IMPROVING the things. Can you imagine Thailand live 20 years without any abroad support, and improve anything? Noway. Can you imagine USA living 20 years behind the concrete wall (no any import of anything), and improve something there? Noway.

Im really proud of those ppl. Really. Go there and see. They are very friendly, EDUCATED (all!), and the main dream is not having a new iPhone - but to see both Koreas united again (!).

PS: aahh, I forgot: Thailand has hubs, NK has not...

Amazing how brainwashed some people can get! If you love North Korea so much why don't you move there, I'm sure they would be more than happy to welcome you to one of their camps!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2039542/North-Korea-Satellite-photos-death-camps-deny-exist.html

Surely any changes to the constitution regarding Thaksin can only cover political crimes (any behaviour perceived as a threat, real or imagined, to the state's survival including both violent and non-violent oppositional crimes). Can it cover state crimes (activity or failures to act that break the state's own criminal law or public international law)? It is the later for which Thaksin is avoiding a two year jail term by residing overseas.

I have never noticed any Thais depising foreigners here except ... and the foreign pimps that own brothel bars.

So Thai pimps that own brothel bars are NOT despised!!! If that is true then it surely must be a double-standard something for which Thailand is famous....One law for the people and another for Thaksin.

Sorry folks, the entries for the 2011 Most Outrageous Post award are closed now, we have a winner already.

You're just a victim of mass-media brain-washing. Go educate yourself, kiddo. Or better go there and see yourself.

N.K. has free education (and it is much BETTER than in TH), including universities. Thailand is out of any compares.

N.K. has free medical service for all. In Thailand, your wallet will be sucked first.

N.K. has its own space program and a few satellites+ballistic missiles. Thailand has zero.

In NK, you'll be guaranteed for a job. A minimum payable job - but there are NO jobless ppl there. Think of it.

NK has it's own automobile production (designed, built and being exported to China). Read again: China imports NK's cars, while it is well known as a main EXPORTER of everything. The answer is simple: NK's cars are better and cheaper than CH's ones.

I may compare thousands of points...should I continue? Yes, they are having hard times now after their Big Brother (USSR) is down 20 years ago, and there is no support. They MUST live at their own - and they DO live, and IMPROVING the things. Can you imagine Thailand live 20 years without any abroad support, and improve anything? Noway. Can you imagine USA living 20 years behind the concrete wall (no any import of anything), and improve something there? Noway.

Im really proud of those ppl. Really. Go there and see. They are very friendly, EDUCATED (all!), and the main dream is not having a new iPhone - but to see both Koreas united again (!).

Amazing how brainwashed some people can get! If you love North Korea so much why don't you move there, I'm sure they would be more than happy to welcome you to one of their camps!

http://www.dailymail...deny-exist.html

One thing the posters seem to have forgotten is FREEDOM...Thai's have that...FREEDOM to travel...FREEDOM to be corrupt...FREEDOM to lie while in public office...FREEDOM to do most things if you have the money & influence to buy your way out of trouble...Does NK have any of THAT!

- 1991 - Coup to remove Chatichai Choonhaven (now deceased) as he boarded an aircraft for abroad because of extreme unusual wealth. The coup generals were suchinda, narong, and sunthorn* (now deceased), who are a totally different bread to the 2006 generals. The 1991 generals gang were strongly authoritarian and ruthless and had no hesitation to shoot some 200+ civilians on the street and then hide their bodies (still never found ), then had no hesitation to set up a government without process and with suchinda as PM. It all fell apart quickly.

That's rather a travesty of the events. The prime minister appointed after the coup (Anand) was and is extremely well respected and is popular with the press. Problems started after the subsequent elections, in 1992, which is when Suchinda became prime minster and demonstrations were then launched on the principle that parliament has no right to choose a non-member as prime minister. (It had previously been successfully asserted that being refused a US visa because of drug trafficking disqualified one from the office of PM.) Things then fell apart. Note that as part of the resolution, Anand was reappointed as interim prime minster, although he was not an MP.

And there are no FAT people, except perhaps in the ruling clique.:unsure:

And there are no FAT people, except perhaps in the ruling clique.:unsure:

And no stray dogs.

And the only place you'll see a rat is on the menu in a flash restaurant.

Have you seen that u-tube video of the North Koreans that trained their cat to be a retriever? Amazing!

The Revolution is coming !

Which is what worries many posters on TV, who live here and have families or businesses here, the prospect of a kleptocracy or violent (?) revolution, as opposed to a more-stable democratic-process helping to improve life for the majority of Thais, rather than just maintaining the elite on either side of the political divide. :ermm:

Surely any changes to the constitution regarding Thaksin can only cover political crimes (any behaviour perceived as a threat, real or imagined, to the state's survival including both violent and non-violent oppositional crimes). Can it cover state crimes (activity or failures to act that break the state's own criminal law or public international law)? It is the later for which Thaksin is avoiding a two year jail term by residing overseas.

Removing article 309.

IMO (not a Thai Legal expert) Article 309 implicitly authorised the interim laws set up after the coup until the new constitution was agreed in 2007. One of those interim laws set up the Asset Scrutiny Committee - which provided the investigation and evidence for the trial.

If Article 309 is removed in the correct way, any actions taken by the ASC were illegal, and it had no standing to investigate and present evidence. In hindsight, it would have been easier for the Generals to appoint new members to the NACC and let it handle the investigation. The NACC was the logical pre-existing body responsible - if they were worried about the independence of it, they could always have appointed new staff and still kept the legal authority.

Cheers

I think that a lot of the worries around the red shirted leadershio are jusrtified, but are the worries around a revolution justified?. Having read the thread one of the comments that stick, is the one about the bar girls wanting 200 bht!! here lies the real problem for Thailand, the disparity between the classes, the leadership that manages to recognize and address this, as thaksin sort of did did, will 4 ever be held in high esteem by the majority of the thai public, rightly or wrongly as thaksin is,. So a M/c? I cant see the military being that stupid, were talking about them going against a democratically elected government that HAS the FULL support of the majority of thai voters and has NO CORRUPTION currently proven against them..What will take place? the political process will undergo a generational evolution via educational incentives and social integration, Although telling, the bar girls attitude is not representative, aka the red shirt protest . the thai people have realized their ability 2 become politically active , this from what i've seen of the thai nature this will rapidly progress and be developed hopefully for the better, but time will tell.

Please remember the crimes committed by Thaskin

Where committed before the Coup

What crimes, his business his sale

His laws for his benefit.

BS think again :blink:

Why BS ?

You think it was coincidence, that he changed the law regarding overseas-shareholdings in Thai telecoms-companies, just days before the sale of AIS & Shin-Corp to Temasek ? Or was it done to benefit the Thai people ? <_<

Removing article 309.

IMO (not a Thai Legal expert) Article 309 implicitly authorised the interim laws set up after the coup until the new constitution was agreed in 2007. One of those interim laws set up the Asset Scrutiny Committee - which provided the investigation and evidence for the trial.

If Article 309 is removed in the correct way, any actions taken by the ASC were illegal, and it had no standing to investigate and present evidence. In hindsight, it would have been easier for the Generals to appoint new members to the NACC and let it handle the investigation. The NACC was the logical pre-existing body responsible - if they were worried about the independence of it, they could always have appointed new staff and still kept the legal authority.

Cheers

Can changing the constitution make something retroactively illegal?

I think that a lot of the worries around the red shirted leadershio are jusrtified, but are the worries around a revolution justified?. Having read the thread one of the comments that stick, is the one about the bar girls wanting 200 bht!! here lies the real problem for Thailand, the disparity between the classes, the leadership that manages to recognize and address this, as thaksin sort of did did, will 4 ever be held in high esteem by the majority of the thai public, rightly or wrongly as thaksin is,. So a M/c? I cant see the military being that stupid, were talking about them going against a democratically elected government that HAS the FULL support of the majority of thai voters and has NO CORRUPTION currently proven against them..What will take place? the political process will undergo a generational evolution via educational incentives and social integration, Although telling, the bar girls attitude is not representative, aka the red shirt protest . the thai people have realized their ability 2 become politically active , this from what i've seen of the thai nature this will rapidly progress and be developed hopefully for the better, but time will tell.

A thoughtful post with which I agree. It must be left to the Thai people.

His laws for his benefit.

BS think again :blink:

Why BS ?

You think it was coincidence, that he changed the law regarding overseas-shareholdings in Thai telecoms-companies, just days before the sale of AIS & Shin-Corp to Temasek ? Or was it done to benefit the Thai people ?

He wasn't the only one to benefit from the sale and I do not mean his immediate family either. Check out the companies that facilitated the sale - I can't add any other detail, you'll see why. He was compared to Saddam by the Democrats for selling a national asset to a foreign entity, well, he wasn't the only one involved as you'll find out if investigate further.

Removing article 309.

Cheers

Can changing the constitution make something retroactively illegal?

While not common in western nations because of the inherit "unfairness" many places do have the power to pass retrospective laws - Thailand is empowered this way too,

However in this situation it is not passing a law retrospectively to recognise a past crime, but removing a law that recognised a past action as legal.

Subtle, but different.

Another post full of untruths.

Suggest you check some facts, the above post is full of serious untruths.

OK. What are the serious untruths? Do you believe that a revolution is imminent? That there is not a divide in Thai society? That Thaksin is not popular? That a military coup is possible in the present political climate?

OK. What are the serious untruths? Do you believe that a revolution is imminent? That there is not a divide in Thai society? That Thaksin is not popular? That a military coup is possible in the present political climate?

Depends on your timeframe. Personally, I don't even think there will be a country called Thailand in 50 years. In a few hundred years I doubt there will be any wholly ethnically Thai people.