Where Are You Going In Life?

Jockstar

So where are you going? Whats your dreams , goals etc? Where do you see yourself in 5, 10 or 20 years time? Thailand? Or somewhere else?

Personally i plan on moving to Oz next year, bit of travelling in the next 2 years then maybe kids. Also would like to have some kind of business on the go. Not sure what yet but thats my plan. Hopefully retire before i'm 50 if everything works out. :o Any comments guys/girls?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don´t think too much ahead...that´s the truth...

My plan now is going back to thailand and stay there for a while...

but yes I have a dream...anywhere i will go i would like to work as a teacher... yes that´s my dream...

other things i just take them as they come...everytime i do a plan... i end up doing something else...

At least at this moment of my life I know what things I don´t want... :o

Edited by Glauka

20 years time will still probably be thinking about retiring to the But & Ben in C.M.

Lazy evenings sitting on the verandah with a glass of nam som/Highland Park watching the evening Airbus flight (A 5000-same nos of passengers)of Virgin Taskin Airways taking off from C.Ms.Taskin International Airport to London Heathrow new Terminal no.9.

By then hopefully there will also be a "moon under the Water" in Loy K.road and a new high speed Monorail -5 bt rail service into town. :o

apart from that...que sera -sera.......

17 years ago I had a plan to teach english in Taiwan, travel Asia a bit, then go home and get my Masters.

Instead, I taught a little English in Taiwan, travelled SE Asia a bit, fell in love and got married. Here I still am. I don't make long-term plans--- if you turn your nose up at an opportunity because it doesn't fit in with your plans you may miss out on the chance of a lifetime.

I'm going to continue to work on growing things organically in Thailand. My goal is to develop systems that reduce the amount of hard labor required so that as I get older and have less strength and energy I will have a system and the necessary equipment in place so that I can continue until when I am very old and when I die you can just cover me with some straw and plant corn or whatever and the garden won't even miss a beat....

Edited by chownah

In a few years time we'd love to leave the UK to live on Lanta and hopefully we'll have a few kids running around to keep us company! We'd love a Thai style wooden house, open plan with a huge veranda, beach nearby and a couple of dogs kicking about with us too.

I'd like to be able to bum around on boats teaching people to dive for a little extra cash - my dream job! (I'm working on the qualifications). Maybey try out a few business ideas - nothing too complicated and no pressure.

A nice simple life with my family in a fantastic country with weather to die for. Away from all the pressures of being part of the rat race in this country. And no more politics - I don't want to know, we're not going to have a TV!

At the minute I'm sitting in Newcastle at my desk at work and it's bloody freezing outside - 7 degrees with a 29mph northerly wind. Snow forecast for later. Central heating on all day at the mo.....

The only thing getting me up in the morning and in to work is the though of a month long holiday in LOS in January and the fact that the sooner we pay off our debt, the sooner we can get the h_ll out of here! :o

Well, I just recently became a fixed-income retired geezer and I hope to stay that way for some time to come.

After I've lived here a couple of years I'd like to get my own house (staying with family now) and maybe a condo at the beach or on a river or something like that.

Of course, the contrast between my situation and that of Ice Maiden (see post just above) is incredibly striking. One of us just finishing up and the other just getting started.

Best of luck to you IM.

Whats your dreams
have my own family / travel around the world / have kid(widow man wanted :D )
Where do you see yourself in 5, 10 or 20 years time?

old cow , :o

Thailand? Or somewhere else?

might be work /live in farangland till 55..then retired and come back to TH live here as queen !! (yah if i had farang salary ,when move to TH ..i'd have a good live (low cost living)

Finish with school in four years, I'll have my masters than. At that point my family and I will stay in the States and I'll teach history here and work on a Doctorate or will move to Thailand and I'll work on publishing a history of Thailand and Southeast Asia.

Might as well settle down. Would still want to live in Bangkok since my job has been going great, but that would depend on my man too. We have very similar dream for future. We would want to live on a beach. Would have some business - have enough to be happy, but not too much to <deleted> everything up. Would definitely have our own brewery in the back of the house. And also a workshop for my man to do his own things.

Life is good, baby.

Thailand? Or somewhere else?

not sure yet ..but if thing is going well , i'll be re-loctae to The State next year with an american dentist

JUST might be.. not sure yet

sometime we just cant control something :o

i might stay in TH and i will die alone , who knows :D

Edited by BambinA

Might as well settle down. Would still want to live in Bangkok since my job has been going great, but that would depend on my man too. We have very similar dream for future. We would want to live on a beach. Would have some business - have enough to be happy, but not too much to <deleted> everything up. Would definitely have our own brewery in the back of the house. And also a workshop for my man to do his own things.

Life is good, baby.

HA HA HA .... that's not gonna happen baby cuz YOU ARE MINE!!!!!!! :o

So where are you going? Whats your dreams , goals etc? Where do you see yourself in 5, 10 or 20 years time? Thailand? Or somewhere else?

Personally i plan on moving to Oz next year, bit of travelling in the next 2 years then maybe kids. Also would like to have some kind of business on the go. Not sure what yet but thats my plan. Hopefully retire before i'm 50 if everything works out. :D Any comments guys/girls?

(snip, for brevity)

I don't make long-term plans--- if you turn your nose up at an opportunity because it doesn't fit in with your plans you may miss out on the chance of a lifetime.

Well replied, SBK!

I set out to travel when I was twenty, and ended up spending four and a half years in LOS, setting up a resort in the former part, (which, although no longer involved, goes very well still to this day) and in the latter part generally takin git easy in Kanchanburi. Now I've ended up in central america, running what may possibly become hte best bar entertainment venue in C/America.

Did I expect any of this? Was I even dreaming of doing these things?

Heck NO! These experiences are beyond my my wildest dreams.

I'd have given up being a famous musician, which was a dream a long time ago, to be able to do the things I have done in the past five/six years.

mybe settle down and have a family

LJ, please only consider this after your visit to my village, in a few months.

:D:o

I'm pretty much where I wanted to be (self employed, financially secure, and relatively young: 30 now and have been living fairly easily like this since 26/27 or thereabouts) now, but I do have a few things on the 'to do' list. I'd like to learn how to fly (private pilot) but would probably like to/need to have kids first (don't want to let all this hard work go to waste in a fireball at Hua Hin airport). :D

Kids is a whole dozen of so chapters out of anyone's life with a bunch of set of goals.... I'd like to be a good father and give my kids the opportunity to be scholars, tennis stars, business tycoons, whatever.... at the time same dealing with all the speed bumps along the way (like the fact that there are drug dealers in elementary schools here, just like in many places in the west).

Would also like to get a doctorate in something (business most likely) just as a "for my folks" thing.

:o