Can I Work In Thailand?

I am in need of some answers to a question i need solved...

Me and my g/friend who is Thai are wanting to open a shop together just selling clothes and some jewellery, in a shopping centre, ...

I am wanting to know if anyone knows the way for me to be able to go there and stay and work if we open a small buiseness?

Being Australian citizen or from any other country for that matter are we allowed to open small buisness with girlfriend for an income for myself and g/f?

We are going to register for marriage in january now as i didnt have enought ime this month so will that make a difference for me being able to work and live there?

Am not planning to employ anybody to work in shop just the 2 of us if i am able..

Thanks and hope i may get some answers...

Cheers... Tinytot

See the following topic.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50759

You simply need to set up a 'small' Thai limited company. If you are married before you set this up then the total legal and governmental fees in setting up the business should run you between 20,000 and 30,000 baht. Apply for the non imm B visa for your entry into Thailand then getting your work permit should be no big problem.

Sunbelt Asia has been very helpful to me in getting set up, and their fees are extremely reasonable and well worth it to be sure evrything is done properly.

Being Australian citizen or from any other country for that matter are we allowed to open small buisness with girlfriend for an income for myself and g/f?
Yes
We are going to register for marriage in january now as i didnt have enought ime this month so will that make a difference for me being able to work and live there?

Helps on the register capital only needs to be 1 million Baht ( does not need to be cash) and easier for you to obtain a long term visa without have to employ 1 or even 4 Thai employees.

Sunbelt Asia has been very helpful to me in getting set up, and their fees are extremely reasonable and well worth it to be sure evrything is done properly.

Thank you Seeker108. Much appreciated.

www.lawyer.th.com

www.sunbeltasia.com