Real Estate Leads

Via my Facebook account I was offered buying a list containing name and contact info of 5,000 people interested buying a property in Thailand. And since I am a real estate broker I could of course be interested in such a deal.

This guy told me he bougt the 5,000 leads himself from another guy and was successful selling 3 properties to clients from this list. He asked me if I wanted this guy to contact me, and I said OK.

Have any other brokers out there got this offer.... and did you actually succeed selling anything to any of the leads?

Or is it just one of the usual scams going on?

As a general rule, Thailand + estate agents = scam.

Why a scam?..they offer a service that is regonised worldwide, if anything, a lot of buyers are the scammers...get agents to show them properties then go and see the owners behind the agents back..luckily my clients have a good relationship with me and anyone that trys that is told politley to speak with me....as for the list, dont bother, there are a few new companies based in BKK that blast all the agents with the same.

Fair enough.

As a general rule, Thailand + property = scam.

you must have been stung in the past Darrel ..

not every property in thailand is a scam !, there are some very good developements and properties out there on the market, it is just the crooks who make a bad image...

i know plenty of very happy people with property here, investors who are making a healthy return, and some millioaires just from buying and selling here...

main thin is Due Dilligence, use a GOOD lawyer, CHECK the company out , and you will be fine !, if they hve built 5 Plus developements already and delievered, then the should be OK,

anyway, if you are looking for secure investments, i now operate from the UK, safest place to invest lol, :jap:

If an estate agent recycled my e-mail addy I wouldn't be pleased at all-guess that's why I open a gmail for such dealings then never check it again.

Wouldn't it be wiser to simply take an ad on Thai Visa and create your own contact list ?

I normally never pay for leads, since most of these are useless and often bogus....Just wanted hear if anyone in here have taken this path and what was the outcome.... ;-)