Great City

wellred

Got here yesterday and everyone has been so friendly so far. Spent the evening in number 1 bar last night and done a bit of shopping at Worrorat market today.

Good start to the holiday. Had a wander around and found this one strip of bars down by loi kroh road with a boxing ring. Was empty earlier. Anyone know what time it all kicks off at?

re .. Anyone know what time it all kicks off at?

most of them usually open 5 to 6 ish but this being saturday the boxing ring bit will have

curtains round it so you have to pay to get in .. wait till tomorrow and its free and you can watch the boxers play fight : )

and then ask for a tip : ( .. have a good holl ... dave2

ps .. i think its down to 400 baht now but i might be wrong ?

post-42592-0-54717600-1324129138_thumb.j

post-42592-0-48687200-1324129175_thumb.j

post-42592-0-62398400-1324129203_thumb.j

I've loved every bit of it so far mate. So much in fact that I've cancelled 3 days in Chiang rai so I can spend a bit more time here. I'll do the wat rong kun on a day trip.

Street food here is superb. In fact I've not actually had dinner in a restaurant since I got here but I will tonight.

Today we went to mae rim to do the elephant show plus a ride for an hour up the mountains which was great. Also done the snake and croc show. We hired a driver to take us around for the day. Was 1000 but he was nice enough I let my tgf do all the talking.

In terms of getting around I walked around the square pretty much on foot but for anything long distance I've been charged around 60 beat. Eg worrrorat market to loi kroh.

Been staying at the raming lodge which I've loved every bit of. Apologies to anyone on the 4th floor who might have been kept up at night the last few days.

Will post more soon.

In terms of getting around I walked around the square pretty much on foot but for anything long distance I've been charged around 60 beat. Eg worrrorat market to loi kroh.

:annoyed: Long distance? Warorot to the Raming Lodge base camp is 1km.

Glad you're having fun though. :)

I've loved every bit of it so far mate. So much in fact that I've cancelled 3 days in Chiang rai so I can spend a bit more time here. I'll do the wat rong kun on a day trip.

Street food here is superb. In fact I've not actually had dinner in a restaurant since I got here but I will tonight.

Today we went to mae rim to do the elephant show plus a ride for an hour up the mountains which was great. Also done the snake and croc show. We hired a driver to take us around for the day. Was 1000 but he was nice enough I let my tgf do all the talking.

Been staying at the raming lodge which I've loved every bit of. Apologies to anyone on the 4th floor who might have been kept up at night the last few days.

Will post more soon.

Hi 'wellred' great to hear your having a good time in Chiang mai, I hope the whole trip is as enjoyable as you've reported so far……Asfor what time it all kicks off at the 'Thai boxing' ring and bars……Anytime you want, just pat a few of the Thai boxers on the head a few times and step in the ring… Have a good one mate, enjoy your stay! Look forward to an up-date from you! :D

Tonto

So you finally made it. Enjoy your stay and 1000baht for a day is about the going price for a driver and car. Get your girlfriend to take you to the thai disco Sunnam Fuk my speiing may be off take the night market road out of town pass Chiang Mai Land it is on the right side of road pass the karoake Bars

So you finally made it. Enjoy your stay and 1000baht for a day is about the going price for a driver and car. Get your girlfriend to take you to the thai disco Sunnam Fuk my speiing may be off take the night market road out of town pass Chiang Mai Land it is on the right side of road pass the karoake Bars

Actually it is the night bazaar road [Changklan]

Chiang Mai land is about a mile and a half south of the night bazaar on Changklan.

Just walk out of your hotel turn left and walk up to McDonald's turn rite there and walk or get a songtell for 20 baht.

Enjoy

I am maintaining a blog over at http://kunstevie.wordpress.com so keeping checking there for my TR snippets.

It's our last night tonight in CM. Tomorrow we go to Bangkok. I had a cooking lesson today which was great. I made Pad Thai and Penang Curry both from scratch. I'm going to really miss CM, It's a a nice charming little city and everyone is always smiling, even the 1 legged beggars.

I watched some Muay Thai last night, think it was real... Was all fairly entertaining and I even won a few bets. Broke even in the end so nothing lost really. I will definitely be coming back to Chiang Mai in the future.