Great Dane

ciaociao

i assume you mean buy a great Dane?

unless an individual is selling one then you can't as far as i know

i got my dogs from a kennel club registered breeder in An Thong

one of only two such breeders in Thailand

you will need to pay 30,000 upwards for a good dog

50,000 for a show quality dog and you better have deep pockets too for the vets bills

everything about this breed is big ............

50,000 for a show quality dog and you better have deep pockets too for the vets bills

Thank you for he reply. At 85 sometimes overlook spelling. Buy not but.:ermm:

Putting aside my previous comment (#3) I would seriously question why an 85 year old person would want to take on the care of a dog such as a Great Dane. I am a serious dog lover and keep 5 dogs all of which are cross poodles. Taking care of these 5 small animals is an armfull and I dread to think of the difficulties in taking care of a fully grown Great Dane. Having said that if this is your desire then good luck to you.

I have owned a few Great Danes in the passed and I can concur that there are a drain on you both financially and emotionally .....these dogs are a great companions and are second to non but they are a very short lived dog compare too non giant breeds ..... after 6 years old these dogs can and do just die and this will not be helped by the extra stress of the heat and humidity of Thailand .

Please think long and hard before committing to a G/D

Putting aside my previous comment (#3) I would seriously question why an 85 year old person would want to take on the care of a dog such as a Great Dane. I am a serious dog lover and keep 5 dogs all of which are cross poodles. Taking care of these 5 small animals is an armfull and I dread to think of the difficulties in taking care of a fully grown Great Dane. Having said that if this is your desire then good luck to you.

Thank you. I appreciate the helpful advice. Yes, a Great Dane does have a short life span. My previous Great Dane only lived 7 years. I have a large family in the village and they will help raise the great Dane and a vet in Prasat is not to far away. With proper car a dog should have a happy and long life. Years ago I had a Collie that lived 14 years. Of course, the climate in thailand acould be a factor for some dogs. :D

Thank you. I appreciate the helpful advice. Yes, a Great Dane does have a short life span. My previous Great Dane only lived 7 years. I have a large family in the village and they will help raise the great Dane and a vet in Prasat is not to far away. With proper car a dog should have a happy and long life. Years ago I had a Collie that lived 14 years. Of course, the climate in thailand acould be a factor for some dogs. :D

i am sorry for the loss of your Dane.

one of mine passed over 5 years ago and not a day goes past that i don't think of him

aside from the food costs and vets fees to nuture these gentle giants,

it is a huge emotional strain knowing that a beloved member of your family is going to leave you early

having said all that, owning a Great Dane is a very rewarding experience

one i would not wanted to have missed..........

I have owned a few Great Danes in the passed and I can concur that there are a drain on you both financially and emotionally .....these dogs are a great companions and are second to non but they are a very short lived dog compare too non giant breeds ..... after 6 years old these dogs can and do just die and this will not be helped by the extra stress of the heat and humidity of Thailand .

Please think long and hard before committing to a G/D

It is nice to know there another in Pattaya that loves Great Danes. They are wonderful with small children and very protective. My Great Dane[hoss] would get between young children fighting or playing rough house. I hope I live long enough to have another Great Dane.

Edited by Rimmer
Quotes

• 1 month later...

I have 2 pure breed great danes we were not planning on breeding but unfortunately the girl is now pregnant.

If you are serious and sure you can provide a good home PM me for any interest or more details.

She should have the pups in the next few weeks.

I have 2 pure breed great danes we were not planning on breeding but unfortunately the girl is now pregnant.

If you are serious and sure you can provide a good home PM me for any interest or more details.

what colour(s) are the parents?

what colour(s) are the parents?

Mother is harlequin father is black.