Where To Buy An Lpg Shower Water Heater?

BigBrosMo

I am building a house on an island with no electricity and am looking for a hot water heater for the shower. I am surprised to find that they aren't easy to come by in the South (Ranong). Where can I find one in Bangkok? I have looked in a few places but all I find are electric. Thanks!

Global and Home Pro carry them, they are never in stock, but have a display on the wall.

A word of warning, the ones sold in Thailand have really shit switches regarding water flow. A common shower is not really enough for it to turn on. So 100% avoid the 1 handle water mixers, use 2 taps, hot cold. I am sure you could work somthing out that makes it work.

I bought two LPG tankless, on demand water heaters from Home Pro and they both failed within the first year. In America I had bought natural gas and LPG tankless units made in the US and japan for my home and rental properties and they were all trouble free. The Thai build unit is not comparable at all. I would suggest that you explore the solar alternative.

I was referring to the tank less ones as well, about 6000b plus fitting and tank.

I had a friend who was handy with his hands, and he was constantly battling the bloody thing. I had decided if I went that route, I would personnely import one. bah.gif

You maybe able to use it on a decent flow to fill or recycle a well insulated tank once a day, as an assist to solar.

I was referring to the tank less ones as well, about 6000b plus fitting and tank.

I had a friend who was handy with his hands, and he was constantly battling the bloody thing. I had decided if I went that route, I would personnely import one. bah.gif

You maybe able to use it on a decent flow to fill or recycle a well insulated tank once a day, as an assist to solar.

I wish I had imported a couple of them too rather than buying units that I suspected from the beginning were inferior, but I was concerned about delays, expense, and complications. The proper units have 3/4" inlets and outlets, but one critical disadvantage in the OP's situation is that the heaters require electrical power for ignition. The Thai units use two D batteries for the spark.