Question On Australian Visa Application (Subclass 300)

Just a little question, wondering if anyone here can help. BTW I will be contacting the embassy next week to clarify, but a little advance assistance would be appreciated.

I am in the beginning stages of arranging a prospective marriage visa for my Filipina GF, living in BKK (I'm in Australia).

Originally we were going to submit everything in March as myself and her family will be visiting (including her daughter, who lives in philippines). As the application will take a minimum of 10 months from filing date I am now wondering if it would be worthwhile to submit it while I am there over xmas - the only trouble is that we wont have certain documents ready (police checks and custody papers).

My question is, would it be worth filing an incomplete application and providing the additional papers as they arrive (or at the interview) or is it best to wait and submit everything at once? I would just love it if I could get things happening sooner rather than later.

Thanks.

Processing time is up to 10 months. A couple posters here (me included) had it granted around 5 months. So you never know :-)

Me, personally, I wouldn't submit it incomplete. Yes you'll not get a CSO for several months so there's time to keep adding to the app but also time for things to go missing...

2c

I year ago when we lodged ours the waiting time was told to be 6 months. I was hoping for it to be sooner but turned out to be 6 months to the day

I too would rather lodge a complete application but In hindsight i would have applied for a tourist visa as well to break up the waiting time.

I think you may need a police check from every country she has lived in for more than 12 months in the last 10 years.