Khaosai Galaxy

chonabot

I saw Mr Galaxy's name mentioned in a Pacman thread - wow... brought back some memories for me :)

IMO he was the greatest ever Jr Bantamweight - not a very popular weight in the western world, but he was a mini Mike Tyson.

Physically freakish for his weight division - Galaxy defended his title 19 times and he beat the best there was.

My only criticism of him was his lack of defenses 'on the road'.

A good way to judge how tough a boxers opponents were is by checking their record after the fight - not before .

David Grimman (future WBA Flyweight Champion), Elly Pical (3 time IBF Jr.

bantamweight Champion), Rafael Orono (2 time WBC Bantamweight champion),

and Yong Kan Kim (WBC and WBA flyweight champion) - these were not washed up names - proper contenders who went on to win titles.

Was Galaxy a better boxer than Pacman ?

Well he was the best Jr Bantamweight - if they had met at that weight - I believe Galaxy would prevail.

Pacman is an all-time great but is an 8 weight champion - both are greats for different reasons.

I saw 2 of Galaxy's fights and also met him several times at his snooker hall in Bangkok - a real gent.

Wow that name brings back memories, not a huge boxing fan, but of course DH and the entire village are, so when Khaosai Galaxy was at the peak of his career, I heard about it. He did quite well afterwards as well, so it appeared he had a brain in his head too.