Is Ther Any Advantage Applying For Partner Migration To Oz From Here, Rather Than In Oz ?

I'm soon applying for my wife to migrate to Australia, but I don't have all the documents yet. I'll be returning to Oz soon and staying there.

Is there an advantage to applying here, then sending the required couple of documents later ? Or is it ok (or even advantageous) to apply when I return to Oz ?

I know how documents get lost in transit, so I'm wary about that......

Oh, and while I'm here I'd like to ask something else.

We are required to furnish a certified copy of the English translation of our Marriage certificate. But someone told me we also need to give a copy of the registry record too. Is this correct ?

I think they go by the names "Kor Ror" 2 and 3. Any info greatly appreciated.

Edited by Latindancer

Oh, and while I'm here I'd like to ask something else.

We are required to furnish a certified copy of the English translation of our Marriage certificate. But someone told me we also need to give a copy of the registry record too. Is this correct ?

I think they go by the names "Kor Ror" 2 and 3. Any info greatly appreciated.

You need the registry one.....the marriage certificate is not acceptable

You should submit a complete application or you may face processing delays later. To apply in Oz your wife will need to be in Oz on a visa that allows for further stay, otherwise she will need to apply offshore.

Whether you apply for a tourist visa at the same time as the spouse visa is upto you and yours but then that wasnt what you asked.

Edited by gburns57au