Adam Kebab Closed

stevenl

As usual ordered my kebab last friday, but was told: sorry, closed, we're going to Sweden. They could not tell me if and when they would reopen. 2 days ago I saw a moving truck at their place, so I have the impression Adam Kebab had closed indefinitely.

Just hear this yesterday myself... :( I'm gonna miss the kebabs and especially the garlic sauce and pickled peppers!!! Mmmmm.

Yeah.....those pickled peppers were brilliant.

I went round there in the daytime about six weeks ago. I commented on the newly built brick wall that they had put up, she said that they just didn't have enough customers. I think they were ending the lease and putting the building back to what it was.

Shame, as the small chicken kebab was excellent value.

Never had a chance to eat there, but I heard the place was pretty good. Not sure what type of Kebab they had, but I do know The Family Restaurant has a really nice chicken kebab made with Hummus which is a Levantine Arab food dip or spread made from cooked, mashed chickpeas, blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic for 100 BHT.

Very nice and defiantly worth a try....

Just hear this yesterday myself... :( I'm gonna miss the kebabs and especially the garlic sauce and pickled peppers!!! Mmmmm.

agreed, the sauces make the kebabs there, the other places are just chicken and salad. its a great shame for me, i used to eat from there at least once a week

No great loss.

The premises was disgusting and kebabs were just ok.

so so so wrong

Decor was pretty spartan but clean & the kebabs were excellent. I wonder if the new one on Sai Yuan is any good as comments on the one in Wichit Rd have not been very good.

Decor was pretty spartan but clean & the kebabs were excellent. I wonder if the new one on Sai Yuan is any good as comments on the one in Wichit Rd have not been very good.

the place on sia yuan at the corner of soi 9 is ok, better than wichit road i would say, but quite expensive.

BTW, i don't think the girl's at Adam's Kebab were bar girls, i certainly hope not since they were all older than me and i'm no spring chicken. i think they are all just friends of the owner.

Friends of the owner and wives of some of the foreigners that live in the area.

I always found them hospitable; inviting me to share a dish, or, a glass of Sang Som.

Yes, they were loud and obviously from the lower end of the socio-economic ladder, but, that really is no excuse for the number of posters on here turning up their collective noses, looking down on them and convincing themselves that they were far superior.

Yes.....you know who you are.

they were obviously bargirl but from seeing them still living with their husband we can safely assume that they were just people brought up into partying and they found a genuine relation with the same kind of people as them.. so nothing wrong there.. no scam, no millionaire doctor getting screwed into marriage on a drunken night, etc. no reason to be disrespectful

Friends of the owner and wives of some of the foreigners that live in the area.

I always found them hospitable; inviting me to share a dish, or, a glass of Sang Som.

Yes, they were loud and obviously from the lower end of the socio-economic ladder, but, that really is no excuse for the number of posters on here turning up their collective noses, looking down on them and convincing themselves that they were far superior.

Yes.....you know who you are.

Yes I thought they were nice to sit and chat with as well....

One night I drove one of the girls home as she was mow nit noi so I drove her bike too her place and one of the other ladies shuttled me back to Adams ...

drinks on the house for me...I'll miss the place for sure...licklips.gif