Just Booked Business Class With Emirates,Questions

terrychris

outgoing.....decided to upgrade to business class Emirates to depart ..........

questions........does anyone know if they provide a free limo from Pattaya to BKK Airport

Will they give me a fast track card when i check in

Is there any other benefits to fly business class with emirates.....i hope i dont have to line up

Emirates also has Airbuses where the middle row in business has three seats bah.gif one of the reasons why i switched to Qatar several years ago.

+1 Also the biz class lounge is better in Doha. As is the inflight food and better seats on the 777.

Edited by smokie36

They are flying both the 777 and the A380 - depending on which flight you are on. I fly them about once a month. You'll get the "fast track" card, but if you are flying to the UAE I would recommend getting yourself an e-gate card and saving lots of time when you land.

Make sure you are on the A380 and try and get 68K.... best seat in the house..on your own but close enough to the on-board bar. Fast track is great but allow your self enough time to enjoy one of the best Emirates lounges!! A few glasses of champers, late night boarding and off to sleep on the flatbed. .....enjoy

rolleyes.gif

questions........does anyone know if they provide a free limo from Pattaya to BKK Airport

Is there any other benefits to fly business class with emirates.....i hope i dont have to line up

--------------

1. Limo .....no. You are not THAT special.

2. Not sure about "fast track cards" but they are useless anyway (my personal opinion). I haven't flown business class on Emirates, however.

3. Only real advantages for most airlines are:

better seats, wider and more comfortable

side table for your drinks and such

business class lounge....no need to wait at departure gate.

free booze and food in business class lounge.

seperate check-in....usually no waiting

depending on airline/destination you may get preference at immigration on entry.

mutch better food/meals and real plates and slverware (again depends on airline)

and much better and more attentive service (flight attendents)

and finally, the stewardesses/flight attendents are younger and prettier (assuming you are male, that;s a bonus).

rolleyes.gif

Make sure you are on the A380 and try and get 68K.... best seat in the house..on your own but close enough to the on-board bar. Fast track is great but allow your self enough time to enjoy one of the best Emirates lounges!! A few glasses of champers, late night boarding and off to sleep on the flatbed. .....enjoy

Slightly misleading, 68 A,K as 81 A,K are the best seats in the house on Emirates A380 when you are travelling in economy. If you are in business upstairs on the A380 the seats beside the bar upstairs are numbered 26, much prefer further forward myself a lot quieter IMHO.

Definetely no Limo for departure in Thailand, fast track card no great benefit just now as the queues are quite short at present. Emirates lounge in Swampy is pretty good, plenty food and drink also showers available. Nice flat bed on board, make sure you get a mattress from the flight attendants, helps comfort.

Regards

Slightly misleading, 68 A,K as 81 A,K are the best seats in the house on Emirates A380 when you are travelling in economy. If you are in business upstairs on the A380 the seats beside the bar upstairs are numbered 26, much prefer further forward myself a lot quieter IMHO.

Definetely no Limo for departure in Thailand, fast track card no great benefit just now as the queues are quite short at present. Emirates lounge in Swampy is pretty good, plenty food and drink also showers available. Nice flat bed on board, make sure you get a mattress from the flight attendants, helps comfort.

Regards

I stand corrected re the seat number... quite where I got 68 from I have no idea. It was 23K !!!!

Have fun

rolleyes.gif

--------------

1. Limo .....no. You are not THAT special.

2. Not sure about "fast track cards" but they are useless anyway (my personal opinion). I haven't flown business class on Emirates, however.

3. Only real advantages for most airlines are:

better seats, wider and more comfortable

side table for your drinks and such

business class lounge....no need to wait at departure gate.

free booze and food in business class lounge.

seperate check-in....usually no waiting

depending on airline/destination you may get preference at immigration on entry.

mutch better food/meals and real plates and slverware (again depends on airline)

and much better and more attentive service (flight attendents)

and finally, the stewardesses/flight attendents are younger and prettier (assuming you are male, that;s a bonus).

rolleyes.gif

I don't know where you get that idea from as you never flown business class with Emirates as you mentioned.

But the fast track can be very helpful when departing BKK.

Just look when the normal immigration lines are very long and you have the fast track pass, my longest wait was maybe 5 min for the fast track immigration which included the security checks.

Try to get the A380 flight which has good seats/beds ( row 23 ) and the bar off-course.

Also the emirates lounge is not to bad.

I fly once a month between BKK and Dubai for the last 6 years and i saw a lot of improvements.

Edited by merijn

Regards

I stand corrected re the seat number... quite where I got 68 from I have no idea. It was 23K !!!!

Have fun

I have just booked Business class from BKK to UK and back and was told 23K or 23 A were the best seats also on the 380 - my mate who told me almost lives on the bloody thing, he was first class a few months back and was winding me up about the shower - bastard lol

Last time I flew to Dubai in Emirates business class, complimentary limo service was available in Dubai both to and from the airport.

I agree that the A380 business class seats and service are both outstanding, as were the flight attendants. I'd say the best of any biz class I have flown so far, although I have not yet flown SG's A380 biz class. That was on the way to Dubai. On the way back, I was on a 777 that could have been amongst the worst business class seating I have encountered, apart from TG's Jurassic-era regional A330s. Seats were old, not even close to flat reclining, and they didn't even have a proper footrest. Even the food and flight attendants were of a different quality than the A380. It was really strange how uneven the quality was within the same airline.

By the way, I think you will find that the Emirates business class lounge in Dubai is not very pleasant. It's huge, crowded, very open and noisy and even difficult to find a seat at time, although there could be as many as 250 people in there. Be prepared to queue, even for the toilets. Their lounge at BKK is nice though.

Last time I flew to Dubai in Emirates business class, complimentary limo service was available in Dubai both to and from the airport.

I agree that the A380 business class seats and service are both outstanding, as were the flight attendants. I'd say the best of any biz class I have flown so far, although I have not yet flown SG's A380 biz class. That was on the way to Dubai. On the way back, I was on a 777 that could have been amongst the worst business class seating I have encountered, apart from TG's Jurassic-era regional A330s. Seats were old, not even close to flat reclining, and they didn't even have a proper footrest. Even the food and flight attendants were of a different quality than the A380. It was really strange how uneven the quality was within the same airline.

By the way, I think you will find that the Emirates business class lounge in Dubai is not very pleasant. It's huge, crowded, very open and noisy and even difficult to find a seat at time, although there could be as many as 250 people in there. Be prepared to queue, even for the toilets. Their lounge at BKK is nice though.

I fully agree that the difference in quality of food, service and seat in Emirates Business Class, how they can charge the same prices and end up giving two totally different levels of service is beyond me. Either upgrade all aircraft to the same levels of service (including staff attitude) or discount heavily the tickets on the sub standard aircraft.

I fully agree that the difference in quality of food, service and seat in Emirates Business Class, how they can charge the same prices and end up giving two totally different levels of service is beyond me. Either upgrade all aircraft to the same levels of service (including staff attitude) or discount heavily the tickets on the sub standard aircraft.

I flew first class with them on the A380 and the only food on offer was a light breakfast. Not impressed with the service at all. The first lounge in Dubai is amazing however, I wouldn't bother with their biz class product.

Yes well I am the OP and co mpleted my flight back to Australia....was it worth the extra cash to upgrade...probaly not...

The seat didnt fully recline which meant I had to sleep at a angle,although they did give out a mattress.

The food was basically the same as economy...though you get a polished cutlery set.....they had 3 course meal,appetizer,main,dessert.

breakfast was a fruit dish and 2 hot bread rolls with butter plus jam.

I probaly would fly B/Class agan...maybe just not with Emirates....sometimes i was better off in Economy and sometimes got 2 seats to myself.so may consider Economy during the quieter months.

Yes well I am the OP and co mpleted my flight back to Australia....was it worth the extra cash to upgrade...probaly not...

The seat didnt fully recline which meant I had to sleep at a angle,although they did give out a mattress.

The food was basically the same as economy...though you get a polished cutlery set.....they had 3 course meal,appetizer,main,dessert.

I probaly would fly B/Class agan...maybe just not with Emirates....sometimes i was better off in Economy and sometimes got 2 seats to myself.so may consider Economy during the quieter months.

Don't know if Qatar cover your route but they are excellent. Or try Qantas Premium Economy...that's OK value if you book well in advance.

Given all the better options, I'm not sure I would fly any airline that does not offer lay flat seats on their long-haul flights. Why should you pay the same money as airlines that offer a lay-flat option? That's the problem with Emirates. Buy your ticket and then it's a crapshoot on whether you get a decent seat or not.