Come All Ye Pagans Joyful And Triumphant !

onionluke

yeah...happy solstice to all, I watched the sun come up from the back terrace this morning where I got a mark on the railing that lines up with the sunrise (stand directly behind the mark) and now the 'ol sun will begin to travel northwards again to the summer solstice position...just move in an arc to the right...

I like it when things are consistent and dependable, don't you?

as a teenager in conservative latin america I wanted to woo a girl and she said to me very seriously: 'you're pretty crazy...do you believe in God?' and I sez: 'yeah, sorta but I like to watch where the sun is at certain times of the year as it helps to confirm that I'm on the same planet from year to year...God doesn't exist on other planets, you know...'

she screamed and fled...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

yeah...happy solstice to all, I watched the sun come up from the back terrace this morning where I got a mark on the railing that lines up with the sunrise (stand directly behind the mark) and now the 'ol sun will begin to travel northwards again to the summer solstice position...just move in an arc to the right...

I like it when things are consistent and dependable, don't you?

as a teenager in conservative latin america I wanted to woo a girl and she said to me very seriously: 'you're pretty crazy...do you believe in God?' and I sez: 'yeah, sorta but I like to watch where the sun is at certain times of the year as it helps to confirm that I'm on the same planet from year to year...God doesn't exist on other planets, you know...'

she screamed and fled...

Yeah , I like the pencil mark on the railing . When I was a lad I went up to Argyl , Loch Fyn to a stone allignment called Brainport , I kid you not , for the winter equinox . There down by the loch side is a stone circle on an earth mound and then some single standing stones in a line heading south eastwards towards some hills . If you stand in the circle and look down the line you are facing a cleft in a mountain that suggest in their shape, breasts of a reclining woman . And so the moon on that night lifted into the sky from that lovely pair . Only it didn't because the line was made tousands of years ago and the moon has inched away since , but it was dam_n close .

It was never the less a fine freezing night and we kept our spirits up with whisky and smokes and then some warlocks or something showed up and spooked us away with their funny hats . They turned out to be knowledgable lot and very entertaing for us city boys .