Admin/Moderators Please Help Us Sort Out Content Issues!

GentlemanJim

As stated in the subject heading it seems not only to me but many that since the upgrade there has been a serious effect on 'Content". I cannot access any of my history in a chronological order nor that of my friends. . Please please can you sort out the content issue, the information is hopefully still there.

Fix it instantly! Now! Yesterday!

Or I'm NEVER coming back.

Now there's an offer you can't refuse, but I withdraw it for the sake of the people who do want the problem fixed.

Let's face it, if we can cope with the floods, we can probably find another way to keep track of our threads

SC

Patience guys. This is a 'major' release and has some tuning to do. From what I understand is that the Content issue is in part to having to re-index the entire database of over 15GB. The last major upgrade a couple of years or more ago, there were similar issues and complaints but it all settled in nicely over a fairly short period.

The upgrade was necessary due to support ending on the old version shortly, for major security improvements and to get up to date with current standards.

Yes, I also bitched about the change but it's starting to grow on me. biggrin.gif

Patience guys. This is a 'major' release and has some tuning to do. From what I understand is that the Content issue is in part to having to re-index the entire database of over 15GB. The last major upgrade a couple of years or more ago, there were similar issues and complaints but it all settled in nicely over a fairly short period.

The upgrade was necessary due to support ending on the old version shortly, for major security improvements and to get up to date with current standards.

Yes, I also bitched about the change but it's starting to grow on me. biggrin.gif

Certainly hope this isnt a "change" in the way content is sorted; as of now I have no access to my recent posts. I'm certainly not going to sift through 10 years of posts, please get this issue fixed asap!

I am confident there's an overwhelming number of posters on here who are more then grateful to see some of their contributions lost for ever.

Certainly a lot of posters glad to see some of mine lost.

Can the management confirm that the functionality:-

"when I click on the thread title in my "Recent Content" listing, I am brought to my latest post in that thread" will be restored. Alternatively, how can I find my way back to my own post in the thread? Or someone else's for that matter, working from their "...Content" page.

Thanks

SC

It's now under "Content I follow" under your login name. The "My Content" link is a little buggy (limited by a date restriction or something) which is being looked into. I believe that's what some of us are looking for.

To the OP, have you seen this link: http://www.thaivisa....__fromsearch__1

It's where issues are being reported and sorted out.

Edited by ThailandMan

Hi guys, it will be fixed, there is alot of data to reindex, some patience would be good.

Please note that we did not have a lot of choice about this upgrade since the board software provider would no longer provide support for the version we used and it includes not only security fixes but has also made the board load much faster,

So, post in the thread that is already open about bugs you have found. Realize that we are aware of this issue and it is being worked on but please be patient as re-indexing a board of this size takes some time.

http://www.thaivisa....75#entry4930063

//CLOSED//