Thousands Chase The Sun – And Snow - In Big Christmas Getaway

nicky1982

I was just looking at my local paper back in the uk seems nobody picking Asia for some reason or another this year i can also see Pattaya being like how it was last year a ghost town with half empty bars ...

Thousands chase the sun – and snow - in big Christmas getaway

C_71_article_1468881_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg?23%2F12%2F2011%2008%3A33%3A41%3A595

Manchester Airport is expecting 132,000 passengers over the holiday weekend

Transport bosses are gearing up for the big Christmas getaway. Manchester Airport is expecting 132,000 passengers over the holiday weekend, a six per cent increase on last year. Many are jetting off in search of sunshine in Australia, the Far East or the western Mediterranean. The relatively mild winter in Europe is also attracting skiers to slopes further afield. A spokesman said: "Last year a lot of people didn't have ski holidays, but it seems to have picked up now with a lot of people going to the US and Canada. There is a lack of snow in the UK and Europe this year so people are having to look elsewhere." There will be no train services in the region on Christmas Day or Boxing Day. Services will finish earlier than usual on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Passengers should check with their train operator for any timetable changes. All Metrolink tram services will be suspended on Christmas Day and there will be no trams between Piccadilly and Bury or Piccadilly and Altrincham on Boxing Day. Services will finish early on Christmas Eve. There will be no MediaCityUK shuttle on December 25 or 26 but all Eccles trams will stop at Media City. The Highways Agency has prepared for the busiest time of year on the roads by ensuring 137 roadworks across the country are completed or suspended for Christmas, including those on the M55 near Blackpool. But works are continuing on the M62 at junctions 9-11 near Warrington, 22-23 near Huddersfield and 26-28 near Leeds, with delays of up to 30 minutes expected. The M53 near Ellesmere Port is also affected, with roadworks from junctions 7-10. And motorists should expect delays of around 10 minutes on the M60 and M61 on Boxing Day, when United, Bolton Wanderers and Oldham Athletic play at home.Transport Secretary Justine Greening said: "We will be completing or lifting roadworks wherever possible to help people get back to see their families and loved ones.

"More than 98 per cent of the strategic road network will be roadworks free."

Source http://menmedia.co.u...ristmas-getaway

Edited by nicky1982

As for the Daily Mail but they have got the numbers a bit mixed up with Manchester Airport but nothing over the top to what TOT / AOT do all the time over here in Thailand in the newspapers but nothing in the news yet again about Asia or Thailand seems to me it has lost its appeal these days for people maybe due to all the problems over here plus all the scams what keep happening and nothing ever gets done about it? Just all talk and no action as we have all seen over the years here... Plus on top of that you have to look at the bad exchange rate to consider these days... By the way I have also looked in all the English newspapers as I read them all on a daily basis but nothing what so even about deals to Thailand even TOT said they were looking into bring some new marketing campaigns due to the recent floods here in Thailand sure hell doesn’t look like it to me anyway and you would think it’s the right time to do something as it’s christmas and new year coming up... I would find it quite interesting to see what other countries people are doing this year sure hell doesn’t look like people have booked to come to Asia or Thailand anyway...

Quoted out the Daily Mail …

This year, around 1.7 million festive travellers will be leaving from Heathrow airport, 425,000 from Stansted, 750,000 from Gatwick and 210,000 from Luton. Also, 340,000 will be departing from Manchester airport, 165,000 from Birmingham and 120,000 from Glasgow, while many thousands will be crossing the English Channel or travelling through the Channel Tunnel. Passengers using Heathrow over the festive period are expected take 6,000 tonnes of luggage each day - equivalent to the weight of 20 jumbo jets. Heathrow’s most popular destinations this Christmas are New York, Dubai, Dublin, Amsterdam and Paris. Popular destinations for Britons travelling abroad include the Canary Islands, Cuba and Mexico, while top city break destinations include Paris, Rome, Dublin, New York and Reykjavik in Iceland.

Source http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2077140/Christmas-shutdown-begins-5m-FORTNIGHT-work.html?ito=feeds-newsxml