Police Rule 'Suicide' On Phuket Yacht Death

webfact

Police rule 'suicide' on Phuket yacht death

Phuket Gazette

phuket-1-11795UqVSBURrAWfRDAAHnlgutcuIJY.jpg

The man's body was discovered on board the sailboat, moored about 800 meters from Phuket's Chalong Pier.

PHUKET: -- Police are treating as suicide the death of a South African man whose body was discovered on a yacht moored off Phuket this morning.

Chalong Police were notified of the discovery at about 8:30am, Capt Chianchai Duangsuwan told the Phuket Gazette.

Police arrived on board the boat, moored about 800 meters from Chalong Pier, to find the body lying on a bunk with a plastic bag over the man’s head.

“We believe he died three to four days before the body was discovered,” Capt Chianchai said.

Police believe the death to have been a suicide, he added.

“There was no sign of robbery and no sign of a struggle,” Capt Chianchai explained.

The man, known to have been 69 years old and registered as living in a nearby housing estate, had lived in Phuket for seven years, Capt Chianchai said.

The man’s name has not been released pending notification of next of kin. The boat name is being withheld by the Gazette to protect the identity of the deceased, for the same reason.

However, Capt Chianchai explained that the man was looking after the boat for the owner, who he named only as David, who is currently abroad.

“The owner of the boat emailed the man because he had heard of a storm approaching Phuket and wanted to make sure the boat was at a safe anchor, but he received no reply.

“He then tried calling, but the man did not answer the phone, so the owner finally called a friend in Phuket to check on the boat – and that was when his body was found,” Capt Chianchai said.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle11795.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2011-12-23

Is this the first case of someone committing suicide by putting a plastic bag over their head?

No,there were several more a few years ago in Pattaya,but those guys even managed to tie their own hands behind their back.

Along with guys "jumping" and splattering their bodies on the concrete but no blood to speak of as the heart had stopped pumping quite some time ago and not just on the way down !

At that time, they were even more pathetic than usual in their reasoning for "suicide".

The one thing they don’t claim to be the ‘Hub’ of, they win hands down without breaking a sweat!

Well done Thailand…………Defiantly the ‘Hub’ of suicides.

Edited by metisdead
Once again, use the default forum font when posting!

Is this the first case of someone committing suicide by putting a plastic bag over their head?

No,there were several more a few years ago in Pattaya,but those guys even managed to tie their own hands behind their back.

I remember a few years back, there was lots of suicides ..... single gun shot to the head, but no gun found at the scene..... presumably whoever found the body decided to keep the gun???

Recent cases of spectacular Thai deductive reasoning..... the old couple in Chaingmai that died in a hotel..... allegedly they had sex, then climbed back into their seperate single beds, and died of heart attacks due to the excitement..... simulataneously ...... after the event.....

Sure seems to be the "hub" of suicides and misterious deaths......

who remebers the guy that killed himself, then put his head in a bag and hung it from a bridge.....???

Actually I think you'll find that hands were behind the back in handcuffs. Easy enough to do yourself and prevents self-removal of plastic bag.

The police here in Thailand are some of the most incompetent outside of Burkina Faso, Guyana, Surinam, and perhaps only a few other places on earth. I have read accounts of British pros, who were brought in to consult on high profile crimes, like the David Carradine incident some time ago, and they tell of a shocking lack of talent in the top departments here, and terrible resources in terms of crime labs, equipment, forensic experts, blood splatter analysis, etc. So, what do we expect? Combine that with corruption, and we never know what we are dealing with, but 98% of the time we can assume it is either incorrect, or misleading, or that the result was paid for. That is a fact. The reality is that the police do not have the talent, resources, expertise, nor motivation to do good work, when it comes to investigation, detective work, forensic work, etc. Wish it were different, but many, many outside experts have testified to these facts. Thailand has a long way to go, when it comes to police work.

The police here in Thailand are some of the most incompetent outside of Burkina Faso, Guyana, Surinam, and perhaps only a few other places on earth. I have read accounts of British pros, who were brought in to consult on high profile crimes, like the David Carradine incident some time ago, and they tell of a shocking lack of talent in the top departments here, and terrible resources in terms of crime labs, equipment, forensic experts, blood splatter analysis, etc. So, what do we expect? Combine that with corruption, and we never know what we are dealing with, but 98% of the time we can assume it is either incorrect, or misleading, or that the result was paid for. That is a fact. The reality is that the police do not have the talent, resources, expertise, nor motivation to do good work, when it comes to investigation, detective work, forensic work, etc. Wish it were different, but many, many outside experts have testified to these facts. Thailand has a long way to go, when it comes to police work.

But that is the way everyone wants it to be, here you "buy" your solution to a crime.

Actually I think you'll find that hands were behind the back in handcuffs. Easy enough to do yourself and prevents self-removal of plastic bag.

I do hope you are being facetious.

Anyway, I would be very interested to hear the yacht owner's take on this... or anyone who knew the guy.

Also, how do the police rule out a robbery? Did they take an inventory beforehand?

An ex-colleague of mine sent back home in the UK because of his "strange" behavior (he was going mad) committed suicide by tying a plastic bag over his head and sticking a butane pipe in it. Discovered by his wife when she came back from shopping. She called for help when she opened the door and smelled the lethal gas.

Maybe we should try retirement in Vietnam. Since Nixon and Kissinger lost that "war" they might be nice with us. The only problem is the Dong, my calculator does not have enough digits.

True, but you need a pantechnic to carry the change from a 1,000 baht note in Laos - oopsofftopic.gif1zgarz5.gif

Edited by Scott
formatting

Of course it wasn't suicide!

The Americans never landed on the moon!

911 was carried out by the government!

Elvis faked his own death and a UFO really did crash at Area 51 in Nevada. Where do you think Velcro comes from?

And your point is.......?

The Keystone Cops are professional spearheads in police work and forensics compared to the Thai Police Dept.

my preferred method of suicide would be getting f'd to death by a hot young lady

and/or self lethal injection of the most expensive aged single malt scotch i can find while smoking a cubano cigar

but that's just me, not a plastic bag over the head, which is used in many mafia type murders

If a person has life insurance that will go to a nominee probably children or wife then they can go to extraordinary lengths to make it look like a murder.

A specific case come to mind of a man they found with a gunshot wound to the head (usa) however there was no gun at the scene so police started a murder investigation.

A short time later a gun was found several miles away attached to a helium filled balloon/s

Very creative don't you think?