Where To Buy Medical Supplies?

licklips.gif Hey, give me time to answer, I just saw this question a few seconds ago (joke).

But actually, at least in Bangkok, there is usually a pharmacy very close to any reasonable sixe public hospital or clinic.

You may need someone who speaks Thai to help you, but because those particular pharmacies stock supplies for that nearby hospital, they often have medical supplies that other pharmacies don't carry.

First however, you will have to convince someone with some authority that you legitimately want to purchase those supplies for your own use. Usally that can only be done by someone who speaks Thai.

If you get a prescription from a hospital, SOMETIMES they will be willing to tell what pharmacy they use to supply them.

Then that Thai speaker can go to the pharmacy, get permission to buy, and purchase what you need directly from that pharmacy.

It doesn't always work...but it's worth a try.

licklips.gif

licklips.gif Hey, give me time to answer, I just saw this question a few seconds ago (joke).

But actually, at least in Bangkok, there is usually a pharmacy very close to any reasonable sixe public hospital or clinic.

You may need someone who speaks Thai to help you, but because those particular pharmacies stock supplies for that nearby hospital, they often have medical supplies that other pharmacies don't carry.

First however, you will have to convince someone with some authority that you legitimately want to purchase those supplies for your own use. Usally that can only be done by someone who speaks Thai.

If you get a prescription from a hospital, SOMETIMES they will be willing to tell what pharmacy they use to supply them.

Then that Thai speaker can go to the pharmacy, get permission to buy, and purchase what you need directly from that pharmacy.

It doesn't always work...but it's worth a try.

licklips.gif

Thanks, i will try that. What's the biggest government hospital in Bangkok?

It's kinda strange that regular pharmacies don't even know what ethanol or distilled water is.... But give advice to people who can't afford to see a doctor... very dangerous.

There is a large chemical supply shop near Democracy Monument on Radjadamnoen that would probably have most of these items.

I forget the name but it has been mentioned before in this forum. It's within site of the monument but to the east of it.

If you don't get pH strips there and if what you want to test is urine, try the pharmacies on Ratchawithi Road near Victory Monument across from the hospital. (May have to get a combi stix that tests for pH plus other things)

If you need to test the pH of something else, try the various pool supply stores.

There is a large chemical supply shop near Democracy Monument on Radjadamnoen that would probably have most of these items.

I forget the name but it has been mentioned before in this forum. It's within site of the monument but to the east of it.

If you don't get pH strips there and if what you want to test is urine, try the pharmacies on Ratchawithi Road near Victory Monument across from the hospital. (May have to get a combi stix that tests for pH plus other things)

If you need to test the pH of something else, try the various pool supply stores.

Thank you Sheryl, i will try to find the shop you mentioned.

I found the ethanol and distilled water at a big pharmacy opposite to the hospital at victory monument.

Unfortunately i can't find the pH strips or pH testing paper anywhere. Everywhere i get the same response "no have" or just a dumb clueless look not knowing what pH is.

I will try the chemical supply shop at national stadium and democracy monument.