'Chesters Grill'. What'S The Verdict On This Place?

BookMan

I have been walking past Chesters Grill stores for the past 12 months or so and i have never tried them out.

I look at the pictures and everything seems covered with white sauce. It is coming out the end of buns and is squiggled on top of buns. Sometimes i think the experience could be worth it, other times not.

Have people tried Chesters? Would you recommend it?

I don't mind the fish n chips for a quick meal when out shopping . Not real fish'n chips as we know it but at least every meal is consistant . No surprises. It seems to be mainly targeted to Thais who want to eat a version of Falung Food. I like it better than McDonalds or KFC.

This is a cp company correct? Why can they make ok chicken on those little portable vendor setups (can't remember the name) but not here?

You're referring to Five Star Chicken outlets... Haa Dao? The places with the red and yellow color scheme.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

bah.gifsick.gif do yourself a favour and go straight past !

by the way that white stuff squirted all over everything you see in the picture is ' thai salad cream ' or poor man's mayonaise .. it tastes gastly !!!

While we are discussing the subject of fast food ... I've got a comment on KFC & Mcdonald's ...

How the heck can anybody consider a chicken burger from KFC even tastes remotely to that of a piece of chicken ... It is nothing like eating chicken meat ... it just tastes revolting !! imo.

As for any Mcdonald's burger ... you've got to be kidding ! how can anyone with any sense of what tasty food should be consider one of there burgers as that ... ' a beef burger ' I would probably consider calling it ' the ketchup taste burger ' or ' the cardboard burger ' or the burger you want to have if you would like to feel sick soon after consumption. sick.gifbah.gif

wai.gif

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

bah.gifsick.gif do yourself a favour and go straight past !

by the way that white stuff squirted all over everything you see in the picture is ' thai salad cream ' or poor man's mayonaise .. it tastes gastly !!!

While we are discussing the subject of fast food ... I've got a comment on KFC & Mcdonald's ...

How the heck can anybody consider a chicken burger from KFC even tastes remotely to that of a piece of chicken ... It is nothing like eating chicken meat ... it just tastes revolting !! imo.

As for any Mcdonald's burger ... you've got to be kidding ! how can anyone with any sense of what tasty food should be consider one of there burgers as that ... ' a beef burger ' I would probably consider calling it ' the ketchup taste burger ' or ' the cardboard burger ' or the burger you want to have if you would like to feel sick soon after consumption. sick.gifbah.gif

wai.gif

I agree, you should skip falang foods and go straight to the grilled rat and blackbird on a stick! Maybe some of the black chicken, suck some chicken feet or munch on a pig snout!! Maybe some fried bugs, and all of course cooded under strict sanitary conditions! Most fast foods are set up for the people who DO like this stuff, same with pizza, its not for everyone obviously, but why do you and others think we who do eat this, will change our minds because you don't like it?

Seems no mater what subject is discussed, someone has to voice ther dislike, if you don't like this stuff, don't buy it or endorse it!

I quite like it. A little more expensive than it probably should be, but the food is fine.

Did you eat with your straight jacket on or off ? cowboy.gif

Actually I thought the chicken was properly cooked and succulent, the steaks are nice if not cooked as well as they could be, and the salad bar is well stocked and good value for money (being free with the meal and including pastas, soup and quite a lot of other stuff).

However, it is not a high end restaurant and never will be, as long as you go in looking for a half decent steak with some nice trimmings without breaking the bank, you won't be disappointed.

I've eaten there.... mediocre but consistent.

Just a guess, but my impression was that the menu items are simply prepackaged frozen food that has either been microwaved or deep fried just prior to serving.

never eaten there but have in the one with the simular name,3pork steaks ordered,all 3 still frozen in the middle,cooked in a microwave by kids just out of nappies.

Just a guess, but my impression was that the menu items are simply prepackaged frozen food that has either been microwaved or deep fried just prior to serving.

never eaten there but have in the one with the simular name,3pork steaks ordered,all 3 still frozen in the middle,cooked in a microwave by kids just out of nappies.

yuk

Well, that sort of confirms my suspicions.

Looks like Chef Mike was off his game when you went.

(that's Chef Mike Rowave)

I quite like it. A little more expensive than it probably should be, but the food is fine.

Did you eat with your straight jacket on or off ? cowboy.gif

Actually I thought the chicken was properly cooked and succulent, the steaks are nice if not cooked as well as they could be, and the salad bar is well stocked and good value for money (being free with the meal and including pastas, soup and quite a lot of other stuff).

However, it is not a high end restaurant and never will be, as long as you go in looking for a half decent steak with some nice trimmings without breaking the bank, you won't be disappointed.

Sorry, you are right, for some reason I immediately thought of Sizzler. God knows how I got the 2 confused.

Edited by TehBen