Thai Government Gets Poor Rating For Honesty

webfact

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice remark from a lover of dictatorial regimes, or you would deny that ?? Looking at the said situation do you feel comfortable with the P.M. her family and wonderful experienced appointed cronies in office with her ??? and how excellent they have been to keep the election promises, and smooth efficient way the flood crises was managed.

Yes - pure fabrication

I am prepared to give them time to prove themselves, or not as the case maybe

Flood could have been managed better in the spring, Later I'm not sure where people feel the water was supposed to go. Flood relief lacking in co-ordination, but this is rather the Thai way.

Ha Ha is that all of an honest answer--HaHa.........Time to prove themselves ??? they were here before-the family-yeah, and they were booted out--remember, thats why the junta was having to step in again and if they pillage again while in office the Junta as you put it will have to step in again......Have you been here long, I have observed it for 31 years, and am neutral, YES, but comment the truth of happenings, not make excuses for them.coffee1.gif

No, not really, just tired of the baseless slurs and endless foolish innuendos that predominate here.

Can you imagine that some people are tired of you?

You can't be if took you almost 24hrs to find my post...................

Nice remark from a lover of dictatorial regimes, or you would deny that ?? Looking at the said situation do you feel comfortable with the P.M. her family and wonderful experienced appointed cronies in office with her ??? and how excellent they have been to keep the election promises, and smooth efficient way the flood crises was managed.

Yes - pure fabrication

I am prepared to give them time to prove themselves, or not as the case maybe

Flood could have been managed better in the spring, Later I'm not sure where people feel the water was supposed to go. Flood relief lacking in co-ordination, but this is rather the Thai way.

Ha Ha is that all of an honest answer--HaHa.........Time to prove themselves ??? they were here before-the family-yeah, and they were booted out--remember, thats why the junta was having to step in again and if they pillage again while in office the Junta as you put it will have to step in again......Have you been here long, I have observed it for 31 years, and am neutral, YES, but comment the truth of happenings, not make excuses for them.coffee1.gif

It is quite amusing I guess, that for all your experience, and being a neutral.........The truth of happenings is your opinion is not shared by the electorate who voted to give them another chance

No, not really, just tired of the baseless slurs and endless foolish innuendos that predominate here.

Can you imagine that some people are tired of you?

You can't be if took you almost 24hrs to find my post...................

I'm not 24 hours a day online, are you?

And Prime Minister Yingluk is the choice of the voters, so be it.

Yingluck has never in her life been chosen by the voters, ie the electorate. She was rather chosen by MPs.

round and round we go....

"She was rather chosen by MPs."

as was expected by the Thai voters who voted for the PTP.... cowboy.gif

(PS: who moved all the emoticons, eh???)

Yingluck has never in her life been chosen by the voters, ie the electorate. She was rather chosen by MPs.

It was suggested by Thaksin at one point that she might not be the PM if PTP one.

We keep going round and round, because people fail to stick to the facts - at least when it suits them not to. People voting for PTP and expecting Yingluck to be PM, is a lot different from people voting for Yingluck. For a start, what people expected is an unknown quantity. Speculate on it all you like, speculate that all those voting PTP wanted Yingluck as PM. At the end of the day though, it still remains just speculation.

It was suggested by Thaksin at one point that she might not be the PM if PTP one.

yes, that was reported here one time, when was it, in April? May?

That is just not a serious reply, unless you seriously believe that Thai voters, when choosing who to vote for on July 3rd, knew that a vote for PTP would maybe not be a vote to have Yingluck as PM.

Do you really think that the Thai voters believed that? I don't. Not for a second.

We keep going round and round, because people fail to stick to the facts - at least when it suits them not to. People voting for PTP and expecting Yingluck to be PM, is a lot different from people voting for Yingluck. For a start, what people expected is an unknown quantity. Speculate on it all you like, speculate that all those voting PTP wanted Yingluck as PM. At the end of the day though, it still remains just speculation.

Hilarious....

Hilarious....

If i were to speculate on why people voted PTP in favour of the Democrats, it would be because of rising cost of living under the Dems and a hope that PTP emulate the economic success enjoyed under TRT. That is what i would speculate it was to do with. I would speculate that is what the Thai people were voting for. If you wish to speculate that Thai people voted PTP because of Yingluck - a woman they saw as having great leadership qualities, high intelligence and quick wit, speculate away. I promise not to laugh.

• 3 weeks later...

Hilarious....

If i were to speculate on why people voted PTP in favour of the Democrats, it would be because of rising cost of living under the Dems and a hope that PTP emulate the economic success enjoyed under TRT. That is what i would speculate it was to do with. I would speculate that is what the Thai people were voting for. If you wish to speculate that Thai people voted PTP because of Yingluck - a woman they saw as having great leadership qualities, high intelligence and quick wit, speculate away. I promise not to laugh.

People vote with their pocketbooks, coupled to rose colored memories.

If those rose colored memories are coupled with a pretty face,

and promises to make them rich, the skys the limit if they believe it.

Hilarious....

People vote with their pocketbooks, coupled to rose colored memories.

If those rose colored memories are coupled with a pretty face,

and promises to make them rich, the skys the limit if they believe it.

The people were offered the opportunity for change........they took it......if you guys believe the perfomance of the previous government,or their ill-conceived election campaign, focusing on Thanksin and too little on the issues at hand, all played no part in the result.....I too promise not to laugh

The people were offered the opportunity for change........they took it......if you guys believe the perfomance of the previous government,or their ill-conceived election campaign, focusing on Thanksin and too little on the issues at hand, all played no part in the result.....I too promise not to laugh

Played a part, but i don't think it was by any means the deciding part.

Deceitful posters like these probably were:post-48298-0-72081500-1326618984_thumb.j

Deceitful posters like these probably were:post-48298-0-72081500-1326618984_thumb.j

I think I recall the Dems were in favour of raising the mimum wage, just not so quickly......didn't get them elected, deceitful or not! Why was that then?

I think I recall the Dems were in favour of raising the mimum wage, just not so quickly......didn't get them elected, deceitful or not! Why was that then?

That's exactly it, the Dems were in favour of a realistic and achievable policy of raising it gradually, whereas the PTP, not caring about whether it was achievable or not - just caring about getting in power, promised something that they can't deliver. Now either you take the view that people shouldn't have been stupid enough to believe them and that it is ok because if they don't deliver, presumably they'll get voted out, or you take the view that campaigning laws should draw some sort of line regarding blatant deceit.

That's exactly it, the Dems were in favour of a realistic and achievable policy of raising it gradually, whereas the PTP, not caring about whether it was achievable or not - just caring about getting in power, promised something that they can't deliver. Now either you take the view that people shouldn't have been stupid enough to believe them and that it is ok because if they don't deliver, presumably they'll get voted out, or you take the view that campaigning laws should draw some sort of line regarding blatant deceit.

Perhaps.....alternatively I could take the view of 7.08 out of ten who at the time of the poll still appear to think the government is dedicated to the people.......would that have been a feature in the election do you think?

The last that I read said that the min wage is due in April, & that it has been slowed down due to the floods and opposition from business groups.Has that changed?

Perhaps.....alternatively I could take the view of 7.08 out of ten who at the time of the poll still appear to think the government is dedicated to the people.......would that have been a feature in the election do you think?

I don't see how your alternative has anything to do with the question of whether blatantly deceitful campaigning should be allowed.

The last that I read said that the min wage is due in April, & that it has been slowed down due to the floods and opposition from business groups.Has that changed?

Personally i think they are just trying to buy time, and hope that people forget or just get used to the idea that it will never happen. Better than just turning around straight after the election and saying, "sorry people, we lied". Perhaps though they will prove me wrong. What do you think?

I have a question to all of you PTP "supporters" on TV.

What good has this government done so far?

Why not ask that question in about 12 months when the current government has set up the budgets and has them in place to move forward and effect change.....

Any person with a hint of political knowledge would understand that a rapid delivery of election promises would leave a high expectation level in the latter stages of the tenure, so better to complete over the period of the term, leaving of course a real major populist policy delivery in the closing months, prior to the next election..

Remember...as the song goes....it's not how you start it's how you finish....smile.png .

I don't see how your alternative has anything to do with the question of whether blatantly deceitful campaigning should be allowed.

As you state above, you think the government are just buying time, but that does not mean the minimum wage will not be delivered, just slip a bit, do you know Thailand at all? have you never experienced this type of practice in every day life, do the Thai accept it?....there is a slight difference in Thai attitude when compared to the impatient insistence of other nations........if you expect something like the minimum wage issue to swing the Dems back into power you may have a long wait.....in my opinion of course

Edited by 473geo

As you state above, you think the government are just buying time, but that does not mean the minimum wage will not be delivered, just slip a bit, do you know Thailand at all? have you never experienced this type of practice in every day life, do the Thai accept it?....there is a slight difference in Thai attitude when compared to the impatient insistence of other nations........if you expect something like the minimum wage issue to swing the Dems back into power you may have a long wait.....in my opinion of course

You still fail to explain how your alternative has anything to do with what i was saying.

On the question of whether they will deliver on the promise, i agree, we will have to wait and see. Perhaps you are more optimistic than me.

After living with and observing Thai's for some years, especially when they want something for themselves, postponment of what has been promised may not be readily accepted. If personal lose occurs, they seem to have a long memory, thus I see no difference in Thailand to other counties people in this concern.

The rioters in Bangkok and elsewhere did not display much acceptance when they did not get what they wanted, even through in some cases they receuved assurences that some demands would be met..

You still fail to explain how your alternative has anything to do with what i was saying.

On the question of whether they will deliver on the promise, i agree, we will have to wait and see. Perhaps you are more optimistic than me.

You show a picture of a poster, you call it deceitful, you then go on to admit the government may yet deliver on the promise.......what exactly are you saying? Your judgement was premature?

As for my alternative, 7.08 out of 10 think the government continues to be dedicated to their welfare, perhaps they are also optimistic.....and a little less apt to cry deception before giving the new government a chance to deliver

Yes it has changed, the original clear promise pre-election was for the national minimum-wage to apply to all workers, not just those in the more-expensive provinces, and for it to apply immediately , not 9 months after the election.

And Thaksin announced the reduction from Dubai, when it was still the incoming-government's policy, pre-floods which destroys that as the justification. He also had announced that "all Thais will be rich after 6 months", well the time's up, and another promise broken.

Of course this was "only an election promise", but the gap between promise and delivery shows clearly, how honest the PTP are. That polls might now start to reflect that realisation, as the not-so-new government fails to keep its word, comes as no great surprise.

More interesting will be to see what, if any, reaction comes from the Red-Shirt and union leaders. Some might expect none at all, but others might hope for something, as a sign that they're not all just paid-lackeys.

After living with and observing Thai's for some years, especially when they want something for themselves, postponment of what has been promised may not be readily accepted. If personal lose occurs, they seem to have a long memory, thus I see no difference in Thailand to other counties people in this concern.

The rioters in Bangkok and elsewhere did not display much acceptance when they did not get what they wanted, even through in some cases they receuved assurences that some demands would be met..

Much as I comprehend your desperate attempt to link understanding to the protests, if you perceive that as an example of everyday people in everyday life in Thailand I suggest relocation.....sad.png