Where To Buy A Moustache/Beard Trimmer/Personal Groomer With Guards In Chiang Mai?

zeekgarcia

• 2 weeks later...

The trimmers at Robinson and Cebtral are marked up 300% compared to North American prices. But they do have a decent selection.

I'd suggest a Chinese import from a local market like wararot. Much cheaper and less risk. You may lost some skin in the process, but the risk:reward ratio is fair.

You mean like this?

post-23786-0-55063900-1324954381_thumb.j

post-23786-0-40694100-1324954456_thumb.j

post-23786-0-95417600-1324954511_thumb.j

Boots

the adjustable comb guide is that an attachment?

Have you used this razor? What are your comments about it?

What Boots did you get this at because I looked at one the other day and could not find it?

Zeek, sorry I missed your response; just saw this now.

Yes, the guide is fully adjustable from a short stubble to about 9 mm.

I bought it at Boots in Kad Suan Kaew shopping center, that's the other big one called Centrun (for Central) by the locals situated near the northwestern corner of the moat.

If they don't have in stock, twist their arms and get them to order you one.

If you click on the photos in my post, you can zoom in on the box details and clearly see the model number, etc.

Good Luck in your quest!

• 7 months later...

You mean like this?

Boots

What Boots did you get this at because I looked at one the other day and could not find it?

I bought it at Boots in Kad Suan Kaew shopping center, that's the other big one called Centrun (for Central) by the locals situated near the northwestern corner of the moat.

If you click on the photos in my post, you can zoom in on the box details and clearly see the model number, etc.

Good Luck in your quest!

Sorry I clicked on the pictures but did not see the model number.

You mean like this?

Boots

Good Luck in your quest!

Sorry I clicked on the pictures but did not see the model number.

You must have quite a moustach by now. biggrin.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

HI,

I am also looking for a beard trimmer - which local market in central Bangkok would one recommend? Central , Boots, etc are sooo expensive....

The trimmers at Robinson and Cebtral are marked up 300% compared to North American prices. But they do have a decent selection.

I'd suggest a Chinese import from a local market like wararot. Much cheaper and less risk. You may lost some skin in the process, but the risk:reward ratio is fair.

I buy the Chinese imports at the little kiosk by the back door basement floor of Kad Suan Kaew. Rechargeable cordless model, with three double-sided length guides. Personally, I can't use the trimmers that have the single guide that slides up and down for adjustment. My beard is too thick and too curly. The adjustable ones either clog up on me, or the guide slips to a different setting as I use it. The clip-on guides work well. I use a 3mm for my head, and a 12mm for my beard. I remove the blade head after each use and brush it out, and put a drop or two of oil on the blades every few months. These clippers last me about 10 years before they either get too dull or crap out, but for 400-600 baht, I figure I've gotten my money's worth out of them.

These clippers last me about 10 years before they either get too dull or crap out, but for 400-600 baht, I figure I've gotten my money's worth out of them.

10 years !!! How many of them have you had bought from here ??

I have never had a set of the cheap ones last a year before the battery's crapped out and stopped holding a decent charge.

These clippers last me about 10 years before they either get too dull or crap out, but for 400-600 baht, I figure I've gotten my money's worth out of them.

10 years !!! How many of them have you had bought from here ??

I have never had a set of the cheap ones last a year before the battery's crapped out and stopped holding a decent charge.

Two for myself, one of which I still use today, and two others for friends, both of which are still working. I suppose if these were something that I used every other day, or even once a week, they wouldn't last as long. But I only use them once a month at most, and am very conscientious about keeping the blade head clean and freely moving, so there is less drain on the motor and battery.