Grass, Not The Kind You Smoke

stevehaigh

are you asking for grass seed or grass turf?...gras turf sels for 30 bht to 40 bht a metre depending on what type of grass you want..grass seed they wont sell you..not worth going to Surat

they sell grass [turf] on chao fah rd [west] just passed Home Pro[chalong] on the way to Central..turn left by 7/11 garden center up that soi..

well i could be wrong but i think i paid 35b/mq at the gareden shop at the trafic light chaofa west/wat chalong

yepp, Chao Fa west/ traffic light just north of What Chalong, road to west entrance to Land&House, and they are from Surat

i think you are talking about Nong M Garden and its 40b/m2 now.

i guess i'll just drive up chao-fa and ask them all again, it probably changes from week to week

OMBuddha, grass has gone up to 90 to 100b/m2 because of the flooding in BKK. guess i'll have a wait a while to green up my garden.

Yes, I also found that out last Saturday, as I went and try to order grass for my new house / lawn. Here in Pattaya, they quoted my wife (inclu. everything) 130 THB per M2

They advised her to wait around 2 months for the price to come down to a more reasonable level

Edited by MJCM

The property developers have put on hold laying turf in the estate where I recently bought a house in Bangkok. The original suppliers were located in Rangsit area (many are in this area) and were wiped out by the floods. New supplies have to come from elsewhere, but they are asking ridiculous prices (taking advantage of the situation).

i just bought some Bermuda grass seed on ebay, its supposed to suitable for hot climates like Florida and south USA

we'll see how it works out on my crappy Phuket soil

from http://www.bermudagrass.com/

Bermudagrass is one of the most sun loving warm season lawn and pasture grasses. Bermuda can be easily planted from grass seed and provides a good "medium plus" turfgrass lawn in Southern areas. Bermuda turf requires a moderate amount of lawn grass care, maintenance and mowing.

BERMUDA GRASS is considered the "South's Grass", a favorite in texture and color for all areas of usage.

This perennial grass grows in tropical, sub-tropical and the transition zones. Found extensively on lawns, golf courses, sports fields and arenas, reclamation areas, parks, coastal areas and pastures.

Edited by stevehaigh