Bangkok Bank

To get my UK pension sent over to me, the goverment form asks for an international bank account number (iban) and a bank identification number (bic), Bangkok bank tells me they don't have any, all that they have is a SWIFT number, is this the same as iban/bic.Any help please.

IBan is a system generally used in the European countries. Not applicable to most countries including Thailand, USA, Australia etc.

Provide your overseas remitter with your branch and account number and the SWIFT code of BBL which is BKKBTHBK and they should be able to commence the transfers. State the full name of your account.

IBan is a system generally used in the European countries. Not applicable to most countries including Thailand, USA, Australia etc.

Provide your overseas remitter with your branch and account number and the SWIFT code of BBL which is BKKBTHBK and they should be able to commence the transfers. State the full name of your account.

Thanks thats the number they gave me.

Make sure it is exactly the same name you have on your BKK Bank account... then should not be a problem...

If possible open a £ account in BKK and let you send £ from UK otherwise you risk a lot of fees as it happen to me. My insurance sent me CHF via Postfinance. Postfinance order German Bank in USA to forward me this to my CHF Bangkok Bank account. Effect: tehre was an exchange CHF - US-$ and US-$ (by BB) to CHF with a lost depending exchange rate of ca. 70 - 90 CHF = near 2300 - 3000 THB monthly.

Now I open an account in CH and take my money by ATM and redeposit in my THB BB account = total fees max. 300 THB per transfer.