New Forum Format

petedk

Since Thai Visa introduced the new format for the forum I find it very difficult to read on my mobile.

The forum always opens in the web format. If I scroll down to the bottom of the page and press "mobile format" (or whatever the exact wording is) then I can be lucky sometimes a get a "kind of mobile format". It's not tight fitting and when I scroll the screen wobbles all over the place.

I've almost given up trying to use my mobile for this site.

Anyone else have these problems?

using auto logon is also a problem

Is this related to the mobile version?

This is a blight, it remembers only name, but not password, on computer too ....(Mac... not tried on PC)

Also spell check does not seem to werk in Firefox ....sad.png not tried with Safari or other program.... that would be useful to have back! smile.png

The auto logon feature simply DOES NOT WORK, due to a pop up window that magically appears after clicking log in on the upper right corner. However, if you do not do anything and simply click to log in, it sends you to the old log in screen and your details are already filled out. Frustrating, but it works.

I miss the orange icons for new messages posted, as opposed to an all blue icon.

On my mobile on opera mini, no option to jump to last page. Some pages make me start at the first page ever written that are 6 years old with no way to get to newest content.

View new content is not as apdated as old version as well it seems.

In the forum support section, I also lamented about the now limited options for easily page jumping from the forum index page. The workaround is to click on the "Page 1 of 44" item and a "jump to page" box opens up. Does that work on Opera Mini?

Since Thai Visa introduced the new format for the forum I find it very difficult to read on my mobile.

The forum always opens in the web format. If I scroll down to the bottom of the page and press "mobile format" (or whatever the exact wording is) then I can be lucky sometimes a get a "kind of mobile format". It's not tight fitting and when I scroll the screen wobbles all over the place.

I've almost given up trying to use my mobile for this site.

Anyone else have these problems?

Can you please verify that the mobile skin works ok now?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Well I can verify that it does not work on the Galaxy Tablet.....

I mean it works but you need to start from the 1st page of thread which is terrible in the Finance section where threads run 100's of pages.

What is worse is if you accept the mobile version it seems you cannot go back?

The full version button at the bottom is grayed out.

Even when I clear my cache & history/cookies the mobile version returns when I visit the forum

If I use a different browser than the stock android like Dolphin then I can get the full version of Thai Visa

Too bad because the mobile version is nice & pretty ad free but the lack of page numbers in a thread that is large makes it unusable

If I cannot get the full version back that is going to be tough

PS: I do see that if you use the Thai Visa android application it does have page control at the top of each page.

But it would be nicer if mobile version worked in the web browser too....That way you do not need a separate app to view :)

Have you tried to install the Android App? Try it out! http://apps.thaivisa.com

yes George I did & must have posted the same time as you.

It is nice & works well....Only complaint is if I am browsing the web I am in a browser.

But still it does work well so I can live with having TV open in a separate program

Thanks

Edited by flying

Yes George using it more now & for the most part like it.

Took a few minutes to figure out navigation-exiting a subforum etc.

But overall quite clean!

Also I like the option of dark background in settings

You should allow this on the pc version too. if not already?

Thanks

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Edited by flying

Well I can verify that it does not work on the Galaxy Tablet.....

Perfect on iPad and Nokia Symbian Anna phone. I use full version on iPad and mobile on Nokia.

The new forum SW is also faster. Certainly a step forward.

Just wait a few days and we will release the Thaivisa Connect App for iPad and iPhone. It's really nice. We are waiting for approval from the App Store...