2 Day Visa Extension Worth It?

Hello.

I have a plane ticket to fly back to Australia which is booked for 2 days after my visa expires. I am on a multiple entry non imm B visa, which still has 9 months validity.

I unfortunately cannot change my plane ticket as it is high season and getting this booking was hard enough. So what are my options in this situation in terms visa extension and is it worth it. I only need 2 extra days to make it to my departure date.

Can I apply or ask somewhere to get this 2 day extension?

Should I just overstay and pay the x baht fine, and if I do this are there repercussions?

I could run to Cambodia but would really prefer not too unless it is my only choice.

Any advice help appreciated.

Khun Aus.

I/d go down to Immigration with your flight ticket in hand and try to plead your case.........i wouldnt be too hopeful though.

If they say no i would nip to the border now then you wont be rushing about close to your departure date.

If you choose to overstay and you know the consequences then thats down to you obviously.

Good luck.

Thanks for all the replies

Yes I would really rather not go though the hassle of a trip to the border or a visa extension as well as 2-3000 baht for 2 days, but then again I do not want to have any "black marks" on my passport and visa, as i do "live" here...

So it looks like i will have to bite the bullet and do one of the above.

Thanks again for the comments

Khun Aus.

Thanks for all the replies

Yes I would really rather not go though the hassle of a trip to the border or a visa extension as well as 2-3000 baht for 2 days, but then again I do not want to have any "black marks" on my passport and visa,  as i do "live" here...

So it looks like i will have to bite the bullet and do one of the above.

Thanks again for the comments

Khun Aus.

Take your air ticket into an Immigration office and plead a case for a few days extension. Be nice and you might just win 'em over. 1900 baht fee.

• 2 weeks later...

So I went to the immigration office today, and explained my situation. I had the form all filled out, photo and money in hand.

To my surprise the officer I talked to said just to not worry about it and just pay the 400 baht fine at the airport as it is only 2 days and the 1900 baht would be a waste of money in my case. So I will do as the good police officer suggested.

I guess this is not the best solution, and is probably not recommended well at least not by a non official :o

Khun Aus

I have same problem Khun Aus, my visa stamp expires 1 week before my flight so I guess I better go to Immigration and plead my case, will the charge be 1900 baht if they are kind enough to allow an extension or is it more for a week extension? Any replies or advice will be appreciated, thanks.

I have same problem Khun Aus, my visa stamp expires 1 week before my flight so I guess I better go to Immigration and plead my case, will the charge be 1900 baht if they are kind enough to allow an extension or is it more for a week extension? Any replies or advice will be appreciated, thanks.

The charge for any extension of stay is 1,900 baht.

To my surprise the officer I talked to said just to not worry about it and just pay the 400 baht fine at the airport as it is only 2 days and the 1900 baht would be a waste of money in my case.  So I will do as the good police officer suggested.

Fair enough but remember it wont be the good police officer who gets detained and deported if you get stopped anywhere before the airport. :o

Good luck :D