Cat Infestation

Cats are vermon and would have to be the filthiest desease ridden things god gave a breath to. Those in Thailand who have them and do not have them spaded and kept locked indoors should be charged. These irresponsible people put the health and lives of others at risk. The only good cat is a dead cat and they should all be wiped off the face of the planet. People let them out and they go for thier toilet break in the gardens of other people and the owners could not care less about other people. If you have a cat let it shit inside your own home and you live with the foul stench of these dirty creatures.

Cats are vermon and would have to be the filthiest desease ridden things god gave a breath to. Those in Thailand who have them and do not have them spaded and kept locked indoors should be charged. These irresponsible people put the health and lives of others at risk. The only good cat is a dead cat and they should all be wiped off the face of the planet. People let them out and they go for thier toilet break in the gardens of other people and the owners could not care less about other people. If you have a cat let it shit inside your own home and you live with the foul stench of these dirty creatures.

You must be a pleasure to have around.

if just few cats ( not hundreds ), then you could consider to put orange peel or citrus peel around your garden. cats don't like the smell from the skin of citrus fruits.

get a big pomelo if you like :-)

Just poison them and put an end to it once and for all.

You must be a pleasure to have around.

Well living without the foul stench of cats is more pleasurable. Cat owners who let thier vermon into the yards of others are just as bad as the cats themselves. Yes I hate the filthy creatures, give me rats anyday.

if just few cats ( not hundreds ), then you could consider to put orange peel or citrus peel around your garden. cats don't like the smell from the skin of citrus fruits.

not my choice, not on my agenda neither jap.gif

• Like 1

...can't win fer losin' with these dumb thais...gotta go with the flow, I guess...it ain't the cats' fault...

Yes you are right, we are very very dumb.

I would suggest to get rid of a cat infestation to you, and the OP, the best approach is as follows:

1. build yourself a new life....in imagination land! (which has no cats)

2. rename all animals as 'those animals'. Magically, there will now be no cat infestation! There may be an animal infestation however

3. Dig a moat; cats don't like water; you can use the moat to prevent cats coming inside. Alligator and green mamba snakes optional. Be careful if you have burberry boots though, you might get FROCed

4. Invest in a small panther or puma; they will feed on the cats, and you can thus only have to worry about one animal. Be careful, if a neighbour also has a puma or Panther, then you may end up with a similar problem except it will be a horde of feral pumas (or panthers)

5. lure all the cats in a single area with no exit, and call pest control to take them away

6. create a mad cat virus, where all the cats start to worship you on a religious dimension as their leader; you can then command them to all move to another location, and perhaps even commit some cat-astrophic crimes to enrich your bank account (such as flinging cat faeces at business leaders unless ransoms are paid, threatening to destroy the value of sand, etc)

Ultrasonic cat repeller: http://www.amazon.co...&qid=1326230576

The posters who advocate poisoning these wretched animals deserve a plague of rats, then they'll know what they're missing! Rats spread lice and fleas infected with many different diseases (including plague). Their urine may spread Weils Disease. Cats excrement and piss may stink but it ain't gonna kill you.

Thought the OP was against cruelty re: antifreeze? Seems to have got over his squeamishness now.

BTW, it's VERMIN, not vermon...wink.png

Edited by SimonD

What goes around, comes around..... Sick.

6. create a mad cat virus, where all the cats start to worship you on a religious dimension as their leader; you can then command them to all move to another location, and perhaps even commit some cat-astrophic crimes to enrich your bank account (such as flinging cat faeces at business leaders unless ransoms are paid, threatening to destroy the value of sand, etc)

yeah...I like that one...then I could get a recording of 'When I'm king of the forest' from Wizard of Oz and then wander about my shop house naked, festooned fantastically with flowers...

but seriously, I'd like to have a pet cat again but I can't as I'm not at home most of the time and can't count on the wife and family to look after it properly when I'm away...the little calico was cute and affectionate and I was sorry to lose her......

sometimes when she looked at me I thought that I could see my beloved Delphi who I lost 25 years ago, re-incarnated...it was when she died that I then had no connection to the US and packed my bags and left forever...

so, y'see..I like cats...etc...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Ultrasonic cat repeller: http://www.amazon.co...&qid=1326230576

The posters who advocate poisoning these wretched animals deserve a plague of rats, then they'll know what they're missing! Rats spread lice and fleas infected with many different diseases (including plague). Their urine may spread Weils Disease. Cats excrement and piss may stink but it ain't gonna kill you.

Thought the OP was against cruelty re: antifreeze? Seems to have got over his squeamishness now.

BTW, it's VERMIN, not vermon...wink.png

I guess you have never heard of Zoonoses?

I do not know what laws or legislation Thailand has in relation to cats, but I do know that the States and Territories of Australia has specific legislation. In Victoria cats come under the Domestic, Ferral and Nuisance Animals Act. The Act enables a response to be made to the problems of irresponsibly owned, straying, nuisance and ferral cats. All cats must be registered and if not desexed a much greater registration fee applies. The owner of a cat committs an offence and is liable to prosecution if his/her cat strays outside thier premises.

The general concerns posed by cats include: (a)The Public health risks posed by cats (B) Dangers to wildlife © Public Nuisance caused by noise, (fighting) odour, and property damage (gardens, outdoor furniture) (d) Spreading of desease to other animals; (e) population explosion. These were the main concerns along with others that saw the legislation being passed and enacted.

The Act provides protection to a property owner who does not wish to have niegbouring cats entering his/her property. If a cat has been present on the property on more than one occassion without permission and the owner/occupier has made more than one written or verbal request to the animals owner to prevent the cat entering the property and the cat enters again then the local government body will issue a notice of objection. If the cat enters again then the owner can be prosecuted and the cat impounded, re housed or exterminated. (Auth persons) Cats on private property without permission may be siezed by any person. (then handed to an authorised person) Any cat found in a public place (roads, footpaths and recreational areas) can be impounded by an auth person. Unregistered cats can be rehoused (desexed) or exterminated. Registered cats may be returned to owner who will face prosecution.

Cats in Australia pose a threat to wildlife, public health and safety and quality of life. I am sure they pose the same threat in Thailand so what are the Thai authorities doing about it.

You aren't in Australia and cats are not an introduced species here.

And there are plenty of other diseases far more prevalent, such as rabies which is also found regularly in dogs.

Your hatred for cats is really inappropriate in this forum for people who love their pets.

I am a pet owner. I understand the concern of public nuisance, diseases and other problems. yet it is an issue of mis-managed animals, and perhaps the pet owners.

the amount of stray dogs, stray cats in Thailand is uncontrollable, neither their population and their diseases. it is not an issue of legislation, it is a cultural issue towards the animals. hope someone from animal right is here ?

oh . . . even for the pet dogs and cats, they are kept in cages. do you keep your friends in the cages ?

If you have a wall around your garden you can install an elektric fence on top of it,cats hate it and only one yolt does teach them to keep out!

Use the system they have to keep livestock inside,it will keep the cats out!Simple to install.

Good luck.

You aren't in Australia and cats are not an introduced species here.

And there are plenty of other diseases far more prevalent, such as rabies which is also found regularly in dogs.

Your hatred for cats is really inappropriate in this forum for people who love their pets.

This topic was transfered to the pets area by the moderators. It was originally in the general forum so as not to offend cat lovers.

we have eradicated 23 cats so far and still have a few to go. The damage bill so far caused by cats is 27,000 baht a vast amount to repaint the house to remove the urine stans caused by this vermin, gardens have to be repaired (soil replaced) and outdoor blinds replaced. Still can't open a door or windows because of the putrid stench of cats and that may take months to get rid of. we look forward to the day when our child can play in the garden and we can feel a breeze comming in through the windows

I wasn't actually responding to you, if you will see. And it appears that the original post did not specify that you had no intention of removing them in a humane manner.

You've got your answers and you have found your solution.

//CLOSED//