Walen School In Koh Samui

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are working hard on it. At the moment it does not look too good. A lot of modifications to make it into a proper school. We will have 9 classrooms including a large lecture classroom sitting at least 30 students. We will have 6 toilets which should be plenty. 3 balconies, one very large. It will look very nice once we are done. We have a rent agreement for 6 years so it is worth investing. Will keep you posted. As you can tell we expect to have a lot of students -)

post-46756-0-30576800-1328161483_thumb.j

post-46756-0-17549400-1328161493_thumb.j

post-46756-0-33322900-1328161511_thumb.j

post-46756-0-20415300-1328161526_thumb.j

post-46756-0-85584700-1328161535_thumb.j

post-46756-0-10388400-1328161543_thumb.j

post-46756-0-14685600-1328161555_thumb.j

post-46756-0-04453600-1328161564_thumb.j

• Like 2

There are free teaching Thai and English language at Walen Samui. We will start the free teaching next week. The schedule of both class would be as the following information:

Thai lesson: Every Tue and Thu 13:00 to 14:50 *Start on this Tue 14th, Feb*

English lesson: Every Mon and Fri 17:00 to 18:50 *Start on this Mon 13rd, Feb*

For more information please do not hesitate to contact me on this number : +66(0)809882302

P.S. We will teach free of charge till we officially open the school.

Also we like this forum and we would like it to continue so Walen decided to support it and become a sponsor. TV visa needs funds to keep up the good work, you can see our banner on the right hand side, we have to improve the text. Our designer will fix it shortly.

Walen School - contributing to Kho Samui

Edited by MacWalen

Also we like this forum and we would like it to continue so Walen decided to support it and become a sponsor. TV visa needs funds to keep up the good work, you can see our banner on the right hand side, we have to improve the text. Our designer will fix it shortly.

You're about to open a school on KOH Samui, just for your information.

You're about to open a school on KOH Samui, just for your information.

You missed the TV visa bit

But I'm with Rooo on this

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with Rooo

We are close to Peace Resort hotel on the ocean side. We will be putting up light boxes soon so it will be very easy to find us.

Went to Walen school today. While your map did help me find it, your pin is about 300m away from where it should be - it should be right near that 4169 badge. Once you get signs up to will be easier though, the only reason I found it today was Joy's purple top!

This offer includes those who can read and write Thai as well?

Depends on how many students at a higher level we can find. At first we will start with beginners but we will also have classes at higher levels but not immediately.

So I need not go for my free classes.... sad.png <---- not lively!

You can still see the teaching style. Things are just beginning for Walen in Samui and it takes time to build business and reputation as especially at the early stage we have to train staff to perform quality work.

We are close to Peace Resort hotel on the ocean side. We will be putting up light boxes soon so it will be very easy to find us.

Went to Walen school today. While your map did help me find it, your pin is about 300m away from where it should be - it should be right near that 4169 badge. Once you get signs up to will be easier though, the only reason I found it today was Joy's purple top!

Sorry for that, everything will be fixed, we are dealing with a lot of construction issues that are not related to teaching and have to be done. Sometimes there is not much water in Samui (so we have been told) so we needed to install 3 tanks 2,000 L each and a pump, 6000 L capacity will be plenty for a school. Fixing the back, making new columns to make sure things are strong etc. It is quite a lot of work.

Edited by MacWalen

Sorry for that, everything will be fixed, we are dealing with a lot of construction issues that are not related to teaching and have to be done. Sometimes there is not much water in Samui (so we have been told) so we needed to install 3 tanks 2,000 L each and a pump, 6000 L capacity will be plenty for a school. Fixing the back, making new columns to make sure things are strong etc. It is quite a lot of work.

No problems at all. Was just an FYI, for you and anyone else on here who went looking for it.

Hi all.

I have two questions to the school managers.

I and my two friends want to visit Samui next month.

We want to study at your school at least for one year.

We are not native English speakers, so we want to choose English courses.

So the questions are:

1) Will you provide us a 1-year Education Visa?

2) I know, that i must renew 1-year Education Visa every three months in the Immigration Office.

The main question is - can i renew it at Koh Samui Nathon local Immigration office, or should i travel to Bangkok to renew it?

The second question is really important.

Thank you very much.

Hi all.

So the questions are:

2) I know, that i must renew 1-year Education Visa every three months in the Immigration Office.

The main question is - can i renew it at Koh Samui Nathon local Immigration office, or should i travel to Bangkok to renew it?

Thank you very much.

I am not a school manager, nor in any way affiliated with the school; however, according to Walen's website, the answers to your questions are, 1) Yes. And, 2) Yes, you can renew it at your local immigration office.

Thanks for the answer.

I asked this because i saw another topic with such information.

One user told that most of schools on Samui are Bangkok branches, and you can make the visa extension only in Bangkok's immigration office, which is not very comfortable.(

Hi all.

So the questions are:

Thank you very much.

Hi TheWar, sorry for a late answer. Traveling a lot and not able to answer immediately. Sorry for that.

1. We are in the process of obtaining all relevant registration papers from the ministry of education. At the moment we can process ED visas through our other schools (advantage of having network of schools) and later once our registration papers are done we will transfer them all to back to Samui but already in the meantime they can hold an ED visa with Walen.

2. We can process extensions for Samui students without traveling to Bangkok. There is a little extra expense but much less than traveling cost.

Hope it helps, regards.

Walen School

Edited by MacWalen

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, we have made a lot of progress with building Walen Samui and he hope to be open for business on the 15th of June but cannot guarantee as we do not have all papers yet. Construction is not easy on the island but almost completed also. This is all very exciting. Now we also have a team ready to take good care of Walen students.

Walen School - knowledge is power, learn and earn!

post-46756-0-00228700-1334815162_thumb.j

post-46756-0-63462700-1334815177_thumb.j

Hi all.

So the questions are:

Thank you very much.

Hi TheWar, sorry for a late answer. Traveling a lot and not able to answer immediately. Sorry for that.

1. We are in the process of obtaining all relevant registration papers from the ministry of education. At the moment we can process ED visas through our other schools (advantage of having network of schools) and later once our registration papers are done we will transfer them all to back to Samui but already in the meantime they can hold an ED visa with Walen.

2. We can process extensions for Samui students without traveling to Bangkok. There is a little extra expense but much less than traveling cost.

Hope it helps, regards.

Walen School

Thats interesting, I always thought the ED was a bit like the WP, in that you are only legally working/studying at the address of employment/education?

Hi all.

So the questions are:

Thank you very much.

Hope it helps, regards.

Walen School

Thats interesting, I always thought the ED was a bit like the WP, in that you are only legally working/studying at the address of employment/education?

Trust us, we will do a good job for our students so no need to worry. When if comes to an ED visa assistance we can deliver. It was a temporary measure anyway, we will be opening the Samui school soon. Also with our partnership program Walen is going international. Perhaps you would like to join PattayaPhom? As soon as in July we are opening a school in Africa in Congo Brazzaville and China papers are almost ready.

Walen School - the name you can trust!