One Night In Bkk, What To Do?

Spee

Scheduled to be in Bkk for overnight visit, side trip from business in Singapore. Wifey and her daughter will come in from Ayutthaya to spend Friday Jan 13th and Saturday Jan 14th with me. Other than the usual shopping 'n stuff (yawn), can anyone recommend something unique and family-centric to do on Friday evening? Concert? Show? Thanks in advance for any suggestions & Happy New Year!

You didn't mention how old the kids are but the huge beer hall: "GERMAN TAWAN DANG" has great shows; both western and Thai, good food, great brewed on premises beer and always a lively crowd. They do allow children but have a cut-off time.

It is about an 80 baht cab ride from the Sukhumvit area, getting a cab back is never a problem.

Reserve in advance for a good table near the stage, especially weekends.

www.tawandang.co.th 02 678 1145

You didn't mention how old the kids are but the huge beer hall: "GERMAN TAWAN DANG" has great shows; both western and Thai, good food, great brewed on premises beer and always a lively crowd. They do allow children but have a cut-off time.

It is about an 80 baht cab ride from the Sukhumvit area, getting a cab back is never a problem.

Reserve in advance for a good table near the stage, especially weekends.

www.tawandang.co.th 02 678 1145

Wow, great idea, dddave, will definetely check it out later this week.

What time do you think is good to roll in for the show ?

My kids are 3 and nine, what do you think would be the cut-off time ?

Thanks

Mike

I don't know if they'll let a 3 y.o. in. Probably best you call them and get the info direct. Same for early show time.

BTW, avoid an upstairs table if they suggest it; very poor sightlines to the stage.

Edited by dddave

I don't know if they'll let a 3 y.o. in. Probably best you call them and get the info direct. Same for early show time.

BTW, avoid an upstairs table if they suggest it; very poor sightlines to the stage.

Thanks for that, will give them a call later on and report back.

Cheers

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

We eneded up going to Siam Niramit. It was a fantastic performance! My wife and her daughter probably enjoyed it more than I did. As others have suggested in previous posts, the buffet dinner was pretty much unremarkable, although there was no shortage of amount or different types of food.

There is an option to buy "gold" seats, which might not be a bad idea if the show was selling out. But the theater is huge and our show was not crowded at all, maybe 25-30% sold. Our seats were just to the right of the gold seats, every bit as good for 500 baht less.

IMHO, this show should be on a must-see list for anyone looking for something to do in Bkk.

• 3 months later...

Going to Siam Niramit is a good option. It´s a great show and children enjoy it a lot.

If anyone is interested, I have up to 7 vouchers (tickets) valid until the 30th of June. I sell them for 1,000 THB.

They are valued in 1,500 THB. I bought them for some friends but they couldn´t go to the show.

You can call me at 08 511 03 573 for the tickets or for any question