Tywais

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am new here.

I have a Thai wife and a 3 year old daughter. Due my wife's recent illness, I have taken her and my daughter back to Thailand to be close to her family and the Thai medical system. I plan to join them within a few weeks.

I know that for me to obtain a Non ) visa, I am required to have 400000bht in a bank account under only my name. I need to open an account under my name and wait 2 month before applying for the non) visa.

Questions:

Can this account be opened in Thailand or does it need to be in U.S.A.?

Can I apply for a visa after returning to Thailand, or must I apply here in the states?

Is there any other visa I can get to hold me until I can apply for the non O visa?

Also, I am not clear on how to post things like this in the regular forum. Can you give me instructions on how to do so or tell me where I can find out how?

Thank you,

William Minehan

• Like 1

happy new year to all fantastic site this full of useful answers to many a question my thai wife and i have especially about visas for staying in thailand for my self also had a good giggle at some quite witty remarks posted on topics

Welcome to the forum everyone

Craig - that sounds like an extended beach time :)

As to those with visa questions my suggestion is to have a read of threads within the visa sub forum. If you don't find the answer you are looking for, start a new thread in those sections to ask the question.

This thread gets read but not as much as topic specific items.

Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to the forum: 23 years old; have been traveling back and forth from Colorado, USA to Thailand for about 8 years.

I found work in Korat a couple years ago, but now am in Kamphaeng Phet.

Hope to share common experiences and insight with you guys..

^^^ MiG16, i like your avatar!

Hi Thaivisa members.

I'm a wannabe expat living in southern California. Been reading Thaivisa for a long time trying to learn what I can. Eventually I've realized I can't get all of the anwers by lurking. I'm going to have to ask questions and take the punishment for the stupidity of some of those questions lol.

Going to try to keep to a couple of principles:

1) Try at all times to appreciate the positive aspects of Thailand and not dwell needlessly on the negative.

2) Try to respect the membership and treat responses to my questions with gratitude and appreciation.

3) Try to keep in mind that the membership is diverse and international and don't become defensive about my country of origin.

Thats about it.

Na Mah

• Like 1

Hello all!

After an absence I'm back to checkout all that T.V has to offer, and in how it differs from other sites.

Looking forward to making a pal or two along the way.

Best regards,

yordyiam.

How it differs from other sites? Well its about Thailand and has some great parties sometimes...

Hi every one,

I am from New York City,

I am fall in love with thai girl for like 3 months but we were chatting on facebook for like 18 months.

hope to share all the experiences from thailand....

best regards....

Don't jump....leap!!

Welcome to Thaivisa everyone!

WPFflags.gif

Hi everyone

Just joined the forum recently. Not new to Thailand but new to computers. Been working in middle east for years, now living here retired.i enjoy the forum very much, hope I can contribute, having lived here many years.

Moonystumps

Hi, just new to joining but I do read this forum often, Great information here. Been in Phuket for 16 years, wife, kids, and a lot bigger family now. All good, once you get past those bumps in the road .. if you ever do? This keeps me grounded, or not, while I work away from Thailand, which is a good thing once and awhile.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from Australia.

Been a member of Pattaya based forums for a few years.

Was aware of this site but didn't know what it was all about til I recently joined.

First times Thailand late 80's.

About me:

Single guy late 50's.

Been to many parts of the world since the early 70's.

Discovered Pattaya 2001 and been a regular visitor since.

From reading old stories here, some love Pattaya others hate it.

I love it. For me it is the whole entertainment package.

( BTW, I don't have a beerbelly and have plenty of hair. Actually I'm quite scrawny).

Planning to retire to Pattaya next year.

This very informative forum will give me plenty to research til then.

Thank you all.

chillihot

• Like 1

Do you welcome a Thai here ? I read the news from Thaivisa often, but never become a member till today.

You are Thai?. I'm sure you will be very welcome.

I'm sure you will be able to add some valuable insight on numerous topics.

I have deleted the link and your question

If you need help with thai language translation, best bet would be to copy the script as text and post in a thread in the thai language sub forum

Someone there should be able to help you

Hi everyone 25 year old English guy here just signed to the forum been living in Bangkok for 4years just moved back to good ol England whilst the mrs does her Masters will be back next June nice to meet everyone