2012 - Am I Alone In Beginning To Wonder?

F1fanatic

There is room here for an apocolyptic nutter calander that could always be counting back to the end of the world . It could have lots of little doors to be opened each day prophesised to be the last . fuc_k , what a brilliant idea , where's the patent office ?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The world (i.e. earth) will end in 4 billion years (give or take a few hundred million years).

A natural extinction event will occur in the next few hundred million years.

The human race will end in a few thousand years, due to some world war, pollution, plague or any other unnatural cause.

This forum will end in the next fifty years.

2012? it will end it 353 days.

The world (i.e. earth) will end in 4 billion years (give or take a few hundred million years). A natural extinction event will occur in the next few hundred million years. The human race will end in a few thousand years, due to some world war, pollution, plague or any other unnatural cause. This forum will end in the next fifty years. 2012? it will end it 353 days.
I call you forth as a heretic , you , you doom sayer , and what is your reasoning eh ? The dwarf's black son or some other hoax ?

Edit ; please PM with all your information for my Doomesday Advent Calandar .

Edited by onionluke

The world (i.e. earth) will end in 4 billion years (give or take a few hundred million years). A natural extinction event will occur in the next few hundred million years. The human race will end in a few thousand years, due to some world war, pollution, plague or any other unnatural cause. This forum will end in the next fifty years. 2012? it will end it 353 days.
I call you forth as a heretic , you , you doom sayer , and what is your reasoning eh ? The dwarf's black son or some other hoax ?

Haven't read all the posts, but if things are coming to an end you better come round here and we can finish of a bottle or 2 of that fine mountain dew from the highlands. Jim

Haven't read all the posts, but if things are coming to an end you better come round here and we can finish of a bottle or 2 of that fine mountain dew from the highlands. Jim

Certainly Jim , see soon .

The world (i.e. earth) will end in 4 billion years (give or take a few hundred million years).

The human race will end in a few thousand years, due to some world war, pollution, plague or any other unnatural cause.

The human race will end in a few thousand years? Well then, let's not worry now.

Another theory: The human race will end in 50, 100, 200 years, depending on whether we continue with the pollution, nuclear stuff that we can't really handle yet, and all this. The good news is that the demise of the human race would be good for the rest of planet Earth.

Please note: Planet Earth is not "the world". It's just the world we perceive with our limited views. The world itself is so large that even the Earth is insignificant.

The human race will end in a few thousand years? Well then, let's not worry now.

Another theory: The human race will end in 50, 100, 200 years, depending on whether we continue with the pollution, nuclear stuff that we can't really handle yet, and all this. The good news is that the demise of the human race would be good for the rest of planet Earth.

Please note: Planet Earth is not "the world". It's just the world we perceive with our limited views. The world itself is so large that even the Earth is insignificant.

Not to me its not.

The Mayans never said they thought that the world would end in 2012, it's all a complete load of rubbish. Do some googling.

The Mayans wouldn't have known about Christianity and therefore the concepts of BC and AD can be discounted. Today's date in Mayan calendars is as follows :-

12.19.19.0.18 in the Mayan long count.

6 Muan in the Mayan civil haab calendar.

13 Etznab in the Mayan religious tzolkin calendar.

For at least the past 70 years at least daft men have paraded along Oxford Street in London carrying placards proclaiming that the end of the World id nigh.

The Sun is the closest star to Earth and is the center of our solar system. A giant, spinning ball of very hot gas, the Sun is fueled by nuclear fusion reactions. The light from the Sun heats our planet and makes life possible. The Sun is also an active star that displays sunspots, solar flares, erupting prominences, and coronal mass ejections. These phenomena, which are all related to the Sun's magnetic field, impact our near-Earth space environment and determine our "space weather". In about five billion years, the Sun will evolve into a Red Giant, and eventually, a White Dwarf star. Many cultures have had interesting myths about the Sun, in recognition of its importance to life on Earth.

Nothing to worry about there then. The greatest danger is that a giant meteorite will collide with Mother Earth but the boffins state that such a danger is a long way off.

And to stoke the fire a bit. cool.png

http://www.costaricanewssite.com/strange-sound-heard-throughout-costa-rica

Strange Sound Heard Throughout Costa Rica

Is it the mysterious sound of the so-called coming Apocalypse? Some think that the mysterious sound heard in Costa Rica at around 12:30am this morning is exactly that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UkYPkTfCYk

The Mayans never said they thought that the world would end in 2012, it's all a complete load of rubbish. Do some googling.

Do some reading and try to find the word Mayans in Travelman's post.smile.png

Name some well-known 2012 end of the world theories that are not linked to the Mayan calendar tongue.png

There are many: http://www.december212012.com/ coffee1.gif

Read the site - it's rubbish.

The Hopi Indian prophecy link doesn't mention the year 2012 at all, the 2012 ‘White Horse Prophecy link is about a Mormon saving the US constitution and the Bible code is complete nonsense. The I Ching 2012 link goes to this "story":

'Modern physicists and ancient Asian philosophies agree— time is change. Time is flux, from Heraclitus to the Tao Te Ching. The I Ching, or The Book of Changes has long led as guidance to Oriental cultures, originating in China.'

Nothing about the end of the world there either. As far as I can see it's a cr*p site that has a load of links to non-stories to try and convince casual surfers such as yourself that there are many reasons for thinking that the world may end in 2012 when in fact there are not. coffee1.gif

For all you doom-mongers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJr8U_daW_4&feature=related

Does anybody know how long till world war three

I gotta know I wanna book me holidee

CHORUS

The whole thing's daft, I don't know why,

You have to laugh, or else you cry

You have to live, or else you die

You have to laugh, or else you cry

Edited by StreetCowboy

The Mayans wouldn't have known about Christianity and therefore the concepts of BC and AD can be discounted. Today's date in Mayan calendars is as follows :-

12.19.19.0.18 in the Mayan long count.

6 Muan in the Mayan civil haab calendar.

13 Etznab in the Mayan religious tzolkin calendar.

apparently the Pope changed the Julian calendar so that end date would be on 21,12,12 for numerology reasons. Same as we are meant to remember the dead and be sad at 11 am on the 11th of November. No idea if it is true obviously!

The Hopi Indian prophecy link doesn't mention the year 2012 at all, the 2012 ‘White Horse Prophecy link is about a Mormon saving the US constitution and the Bible code is complete nonsense. The I Ching 2012 link goes to this "story":

'Modern physicists and ancient Asian philosophies agree— time is change. Time is flux, from Heraclitus to the Tao Te Ching. The I Ching, or The Book of Changes has long led as guidance to Oriental cultures, originating in China.'

Nothing about the end of the world there either. As far as I can see it's a cr*p site that has a load of links to non-stories to try and convince casual surfers such as yourself that there are many reasons for thinking that the world may end in 2012 when in fact there are not. coffee1.gif

re the i-ching, Terrence McKenna used it for his novelty wave theory which shows and predicts the amount of change and it goes to infinity by that day.

Be careful what you write here or you'll end up with an arrest warrant "for telling falsehoods that cause public damage" as did Thongbai Khamsi of for spreading rumours that the Bhumibol Dam would collapse under an earthquake. cheesy.gif

Maybe they should send out arrest warrants for people who believe such rubbish. They were the ones who caused more trouble by spreading the rumour. By the time it reached me it was: "stay away from high buildings in Bangkok. The little kid predicted thousands would die in Bangkok after a huge earthquake".

I don't believe anyone can predict the future but yes we could be in for turbulent times regarding world economy.

The Mayans didn't predict the end of the world but it is the end of their long calender.

I think this is supposed to be the last Pope a whole list of them were predicted by some Irish saint and he had no more after this one.

Maybe the Irish man was the oe who saied to America and he got in touch with the Mayans.

Is there any other world ending or like minded predictions.

Here is mine immediately following 2012 2013 will occur.

This year will not be the first time all the Planets are in alignment.

However, with that in mind I suspect there may be a possibility of some additional 'weather events' as the gravitational fields of the aligned planets have an effect on the earths bodies of water.

Supposedly they are going to be in alignment with the center of the Milky way.

The reason why we are getting all these storms is that the sun is in its prime now and there are huge storms going off on it which affects us and they say its not going to get any better soon.

But if you believe the worlds gonna end this year get yourself down to pattaya for a few month and go and do the things you have always wanted to do.

and if it doesnt end at least you will have had a bloody good year.

• 1 month later...