Decent Hair Cut?

HansBlinkers

I'm sure someone out there has found a place where there's someone that's good at cutting farang hair.

Somewhere out there in this fair city there is a person you can use a hair clippers properly and I would love to know where. So if you have found this place, please share with us.

Thank you

Hans

as you said been done to death search for Hair Stylist in the search function

What a waste of time typing a reply like that .

The place i go to is on canal road from huay kaew heading towards doi sutep get to the junction which dunkin donuts/phucome hotel is and turn left keep driving straight past the petrol/gas station and there is an really tall apartment block on your left just before you take the back way to niman going towards punna apartment/powerhouse gym,the hairdressers is on the canal road you have to walk up some steps and the place is at the top of the steps i always go to the guy with the long hair it's 120 baht and they don't do that comb technic when the should be using scissors that i hate they do in thailand.

p.s (they don't speak english but that reflects the price i guess)

Edited by rakchaingmai

Best place ive found is the road that runs parallel to the west side of the moat, inside the moat. Close to the South end of the street diagonally across from 7-11.

Its a men's hair cut place where only us men go, no females allowed. 60 baht and a little more for a shave and earwax cleaning. Older guy is very good with clippers, detail oriented and takes his time. Opens late around noonish, long line close to evening time.

I'd keep driving by until you see him asleep on his barbers chair, then its safe.

1) guard numbers (burh) - 1(nueng) 2(song) 3(som) 4 (see) 5 (hah) 6 (hoke)

2) Side - kalng kalng

3) cut - thut

4) short - sun sun

5) a liitle bit - nit noi

6) shave - goan neuwd

7) shave sideburns evenly - gun

8) even - sammure

Like KRS1 said, find a place that has male barbers and only cuts men's hair. In too many years of trying, I have never gotten the haircut I wanted from a female because they usually specialize in cutting womens hair. Unisex salons are out of the equation for me because I want a hair cut, not a styling.

Learn to recognize the 3 word Thai sign for men's barber. I usually see the sign on the sidewalk next to the street driving by. Driving, I can not look in all the stores and would not notice the shop otherwise.

Seeing the signs, I found a few places around the neighborhood and tried them out. You just have to find one where you think the barber does a good job for your head and your hair and the style you like. It is trial and error.

ตัด

ผม

ชาย