Ladyboys !

bermondburi

Ask the Germans, they've normally snapped em up before the 40th birthday !

totster biggrin.png

I won't have you disparaging out Teutonic cousins like that totster. I simply won't. It's completely unacceptable in this day and age to pigeonhole people into small, one size fits all, racial stereotypes.

Anyhow I always thought a bit of "wind, rain and lava" was their forte. biggrin.png

'Tuud' means 'anus' or moe colliquially 'a$$hole' in Thai.. 'Tuud' is just slang for feminine acting (submissive) male gays. It's kinda derrogatory and is used because of the association with anal sex. A bit like Westerners may call Gays 'bum boys'

Khatoeys are different to feminine gay men who often have no wish to dress as or become a female..

Cos there seem to be so many shades of gay in Thailand they (the Thais) have many nicknames for them.

Usually I hear older chunky unfeminine looking khatoeys referred to as 'Khaotey Kwai'

Guess that isn't vey polite either. Sure members more clued up on gayness than me will have more knowledge of the terms used to describe them.

ตูด DTOOT - ass, butt etc (long vowel, low tone) and DTUT ตุ๊ด - fairy, fag, tootsie etc (short vowel, high tone) are two different words in Thai.

Apparently DTUT ตุ๊ด comes from the 1982 film, Tootsie starring Dustin Hoffman.

http://www.baanmaha....hread38339.html

• Like 1

my thai wife entered a beauty contest many years ago now and she came in at the dizzy heights of 2nd, only missing out on 1st place to it must be said a very beautiful looking ladyboy when i said to her how comes you didnt win she said he was taller!

• Like 1

I live in the provinces and have seen what happens across the age spectrum. As most ladyboys get older they reach a point that they can't make the girl look work anymore as they succumb to becoming fat, balding, and middle aged. They no longer use a contrived voice, wear women's clothing, or spend much time looking pretty save for special occasions. That means most people will no longer "see them" though there are effervescent telltale clues. But inside ladyboys identify themselves as being female for their entire life, preferring careers and hobbies like women. They are accepted and sometimes revered by society during their lives in ways they may not even recognize.Though some people including parents may oppose who they wish to be, it is in vain.

very profound that

'Tuud' means 'anus' or moe colliquially 'a$$hole' in Thai.. 'Tuud' is just slang for feminine acting (submissive) male gays. It's kinda derrogatory and is used because of the association with anal sex. A bit like Westerners may call Gays 'bum boys'

Khatoeys are different to feminine gay men who often have no wish to dress as or become a female..

Cos there seem to be so many shades of gay in Thailand they (the Thais) have many nicknames for them.

Usually I hear older chunky unfeminine looking khatoeys referred to as 'Khaotey Kwai'

Guess that isn't vey polite either. Sure members more clued up on gayness than me will have more knowledge of the terms used to describe them.

ตูด DTOOT - ass, butt etc (long vowel, low tone) and DTUT ตุ๊ด - fairy, fag, tootsie etc (short vowel, high tone) are two different words in Thai.

Apparently DTUT ตุ๊ด comes from the 1982 film, Tootsie starring Dustin Hoffman.

http://www.baanmaha....hread38339.html

I still think it's an a$$ thing... Funny after questioning my workmates ( all hetro Thai welders and fabricators ) they said that gays are called 'doot' cos thats where they give/take it.. Hard to argue with their logic.. Maybe they never saw the movie ? 5555...

Disclaimer : This is intended as a humourous, tongue in cheek reply. No offence meant and Pahleeeease no more 'naughty, naughty' PM's thank you.

I still think it's an a$$ thing... Funny after questioning my workmates ( all hetro Thai welders and fabricators ) they said that gays are called 'doot' cos thats where they give/take it.. Hard to argue with their logic.. Maybe they never saw the movie ? 5555...

Disclaimer : This is intended as a humourous, tongue in cheek reply. No offence meant and Pahleeeease no more 'naughty, naughty' PM's thank you.

Funny, so do they call straight men where they like to put it?coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif
  • Like 1

Funny, so do they call straight men where they like to put it?coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Mouth?

Cancer accounts for many of them according to the doctors and nurses in my family. Particularly those who start self prescribing themselves with anti-androgens and estrogen regimens at an early age. Supposedly these meds have gotten more and more potent (some say more effective) over time. Suicide also takes a lot. If you can imagine, an awful lot of inner torment is understandable if you firmly believe you are a woman but are living in an aging man's body.

smile.png

Do you really think living in an aging womans body would be better?

I've been called a big pussy!

And two other words (t*** & c***) that I can't post for fear of being banned.

So your answer must be yes, sometimes.

Edited by ludditeman

Were there as many ladyboys around (in Thailand) 20-25 years ago, as there are now?

I kind of doubt it.

This I guess will also affect a fewer number of "mature" ladyboys being around.

Yes?

No?

This is a question for the "old dogs" having been here for decades already.

Good question.

Thank you.

But sadly, nobody knows.

Firstly i do not understand why they (ladyboys) have been again put up to be ridiculed, some of the nicest and honest people i have met in Thailand are Ladyboys, not all work in bars, or have anything to do with the sex industry, many are hard working law abiding citizens, and if they do get snapped up by the Germans, who can offer them a better and more rewarding future, just wish all parties the best of luck, please do not forget the old saying about book covers, are we not all equal?, we are all looking for a way to better our lives and living standards.

"Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts?"

Confucius

Firstly i do not understand why they (ladyboys) have been again put up to be ridiculed, some of the nicest and honest people i have met in Thailand are Ladyboys, not all work in bars, or have anything to do with the sex industry, many are hard working law abiding citizens, and if they do get snapped up by the Germans, who can offer them a better and more rewarding future, just wish all parties the best of luck, please do not forget the old saying about book covers, are we not all equal?, we are all looking for a way to better our lives and living standards.

Confucius

You're not going to go down too well (Ooooer Missus) on here if all of your posts are as reasonable and sensible as your first laugh.png

• Like 1

Confucius

You're not going to go down too well (Ooooer Missus) on here if all of your posts are as reasonable and sensible as your first laugh.png

Sorry Fellas i will try to be a little bit more of a winging pom, i do not want alienate myself so early wai.gif

• Like 1

Confucius

Good point.

However,

Next time you are in BKK, have a walk in the evening from lets say... Sukhumvit soi 9 to soi 3.

Then have a walk down soi 4.

After all that aggressiveness from the street ladyboys, you might understand why so many ppl do not exactly love them.

Of course, this do not include all ladyboys.

Confucius

Good point.

However,

Next time you are in BKK, have a walk in the evening from lets say... Sukhumvit soi 9 to soi 3.

After all that aggressiveness from the street ladyboys, you might understand why so many ppl do not exactly love them.

Ok point taken, i have noted the address and street numbers, any tips or advise on personal protection, thumbsup.gif

Confucius

Good point.

However,

Ok point taken, i have noted the address and street numbers, any tips or advise on personal protection, thumbsup.gif

Avoid eye contact.

Don't be surprised (you are hereby warned) if you get tazered in soi 4 one night, and your money is gone.

My female friends hate that soi, because of that.

Confucius

Good point.

However,

Just remember, you are NOT a hansum man...

totster :D

Confucius

Good point.

However,

Just remember, you are NOT a hansum man...

totster biggrin.png

if i go with a few thousand baht sticking out of my shirt pocket then i guess it will not matter if i am handsome or not handsome, bit worried about the tazer comment crazy.gif

Ask the Germans, they've normally snapped em up before the 40th birthday !

totster biggrin.png

last time i checked my wife was neither a ladyboy nor a Thai. is there something wrong with me? huh.png

There are exceptions to the rule.

totster biggrin.png

Edited by Totster