Rc Shop Chiang Mai

Hi folks - happy new year, I was talking to someone last year before I went back to the UK for a few months and he mentioned about an RC model shop that had either moved or newly opened. Unfortunately I've forgotten most of what he said but I think the gist of what he told me was that it was down the Lamphun Road that runs by the river. Anybody have further details about this?

I know of three RC shops that have moved in the last year, but one of the best is indeed now on the Lamphun Road. Headed South from the city, it is on the left just a few hundred meters past the Super HWY overpass. Look for the "Friend of Kitchen Store" with its parking lot on the left and you can park there and then walk two doors further south. It is very difficult to see while driving as it is only a 4 meter wide store front with little signage.

I know of three RC shops that have moved in the last year, but one of the best is indeed now on the Lamphun Road. Headed South from the city, it is on the left just a few hundred meters past the Super HWY overpass. Look for the "Friend of Kitchen Store" with its parking lot on the left and you can park there and then walk two doors further south. It is very difficult to see while driving as it is only a 4 meter wide store front with little signage.

Thanks for the info - was just beginning to feel all alone in the world. Would you recommend a 5 or 6 iron (just joking, those golfers rabbit on don't they - 430 odd replies to which golfball should the OP use)

Edited by sysardman

Thanks for the info - was just beginning to feel all alone in the world. Would you recommend a 5 or 6 iron (just joking, those golfers rabbit on don't they - 430 odd replies to which golfball should the OP use)

Yep! I was afraid to mention a used bike store that also sells golf equipment. Thread would have gotten mobbed! What kind of RC stuff are you looking for, BTW?

Yep! I was afraid to mention a used bike store that also sells golf equipment. Thread would have gotten mobbed! What kind of RC stuff are you looking for, BTW?

Looking for helicopters mainly

The fellow on the Lamphun road knows his choppers, so it is a good place to go if your looking for high end units. If you are looking for an entry level machine or just something to try out, there is a new shop behind the Icon Computer plaza. (It is on the soi that runs parallel to the moat but behind the fitness center building.) He has some of the new choppers that have gyro stabilization and are ready to fly. Some of the technology in these things is amazing and the prices are reasonable as well.

The fellow on the Lamphun road knows his choppers, so it is a good place to go if your looking for high end units. If you are looking for an entry level machine or just something to try out, there is a new shop behind the Icon Computer plaza. (It is on the soi that runs parallel to the moat but behind the fitness center building.) He has some of the new choppers that have gyro stabilization and are ready to fly. Some of the technology in these things is amazing and the prices are reasonable as well.

Thanks for taking the time and your information is excellent, I will probably go check the icon plaza shop first. I'm somewhere between beginner and intermediate so yes I'm looking at something reasonably priced that won't break the bank if I crash it. The icon shop is also closer for me too - I used to buy stuff from the shop that was on ThongHotel Road near Arcade bus station but he's one of the ones that moved while I was back in the UK. Anyway many thanks again.