Bangkok Bank London

You can't open any type of account with the London branch, only make transers through them to Thailand.

If you do that, make sure the Nationwide transfers GBP £ to them and doesn't make an exchange to Thai Baht first.

If you know that for certain you know more than Bangkok Bank knows currently, there's a separate thread running that discusses that very point and is worth a look.

You can't open any type of account with the London branch, only make transers through them to Thailand.

If you do that, make sure the Nationwide transfers GBP £ to them and doesn't make an exchange to Thai Baht first.

If you know that for certain you know more than Bangkok Bank knows currently, there's a separate thread running that discusses that very point and is worth a look.

That is what I was told last time I talked to Bangkok Bank in London about 6 months ago. I haven't checked recently.

That is what I was told last time I talked to Bangkok Bank in London about 6 months ago. I haven't checked recently.

If you read the following thread that is currently active you will see that we are able to open regular accounts at Bangkok Bank in the UK:

http://www.thaivisa....uk/page__st__25

"Responding to the specific questions in this thread, the answer from Khun Pongsak, our VP and Operations Manager in London, is that consumers (individuals) can open accounts at our London Branch. Quoting from his response:"

"We offer 3 types of accounts: Current Account (non-interest bearing), Call Deposit (or Savings Account, which is interest bearing), and Fixed Deposit (fixed interest rate for a fixed period, which could be 2 weeks, 1, 3, 6, 12 months or longer). Currencies of these account can be GBP, USD and Euro."

Edited by chiang mai