British Passport - Expires In Oct 12

If she has a British passport there should be no problem at any stage until it expires. There should really be no problem entering the UK with an expired passport as you do not lose British citizenship and right of abode when a passport finishes.

I have read that some of the airlines may be touchy about taking anyone with an expired passport so it is possible that your daughter would not be allowed to fly after October.

(This is a financial decision rather than a legal one because airlines can be fined if someone flies with them and is refused entry!)

A flight in March should be fine.

I believe Thailand requires at least six months validity on a British passport before allowing admission but as your daughter also has a Thai passport this should also not be a problem!

If worried check with the airline but IMO a valid passport is a valid passport!

If she is in UK now, it's probably a good idea to renew it now as to avoid any headaches. It should be no less than 6 months when ENTERING the country but as she is Thai also, she can enter on her Thai passport. When returning to UK, I don't think there should be any problems up until the expiry day.

However from my experience, Thai officials never look at the expiry date. I have entered the Thailand once when my passport was 4 month from exp. Got a new passport however while I was in Thailand that time.