Cheap Laserprinter

h90

my laserprinter is half dead again.

So in 2 or 3 years I used one HL1040 and one 5070 from brother to dead.

Can anyone recommend a cheap laser printer (say lower 10.000) which can stay maybe 40.000 printouts in say 1-2 years.

That should not be that much as I have a very very old HP printer in farangland with 150.000 pages on the counter.

Normally most laserprinters should work OK until the photo conductor expires.

On my printer (Epson 1100 color laser) it is rated to last 45000 pages.

When that part has to be replaced it's better to buy a new printer anyway, since the cost is not that much more...

Up till now the Epson is holding up nicely, with very acceptable price/page...

just bought a Fuji/Xerox 20 page/min for 3190 THB and 3 years warranty, so that can not be to much wrong.

And I found out that the old brother (5150 I think) has three years warranty and get repaired for free.

Normally most laserprinters should work OK until the photo conductor expires.

On my printer (Epson 1100 color laser) it is rated to last 45000 pages.

When that part has to be replaced it's better to buy a new printer anyway, since the cost is not that much more...

Up till now the Epson is holding up nicely, with very acceptable price/page...

• 3 weeks later...
Talking about cheap, they have a big sale right now in Pantip Plaza. i saw some DVD ROM Drive priced at 600 bath. I wonder if they are 2nd hand or new and do they really work? The brand name is liteon.

In Pattaya our IT centre Tuk.com occasionally scatters boards around the city with various ridiculously low come on prices on them, when you get to Tuk.com it transpires that if you spend say 1500baht you the get a free raffle ticket that should you win the draw will enable you to buy the one or two examples of each product at the silly price. But really once you're inside the store there is no evidence of the promotion. I have never seen any notice of a winning ticket in Tuk.com

In Thailand if anything looks like a great bargain it will definitely turn out to be a con ( as in most places! Though some places now have enforceable laws about such misrepresentation).

bought one at 3900 Baht with a 800 Baht free purchase at gasoline station supermarket. With 3 years warranty on the printer...

Talking about cheap, they have a big sale right now in Pantip Plaza. i saw some DVD ROM Drive priced at 600 bath. I wonder if they are 2nd hand or new and do they really work? The brand name is liteon.

In Pattaya our IT centre Tuk.com occasionally scatters boards around the city with various ridiculously low come on prices on them, when you get to Tuk.com it transpires that if you spend say 1500baht you the get a free raffle ticket that should you win the draw will enable you to buy the one or two examples of each product at the silly price. But really once you're inside the store there is no evidence of the promotion. I have never seen any notice of a winning ticket in Tuk.com

In Thailand if anything looks like a great bargain it will definitely turn out to be a con ( as in most places! Though some places now have enforceable laws about such misrepresentation).