Need Michelins Or Other Brand In 140

KRS1

My dealer says there aren't any 140 size Michelin Pilot Sporty's,130 are the largest....Can anyone verify this? Or if you have a source please share, these tires are for my friends CBR 250 and Ninja 250.

Whats the next viable alternative in a similar price range? Are there any other models in the Michelin line up available in Thailand?

Thanks

Yeah im finding that they're not as good as people say when they are pushed hard, but this is the only brand in their price range that have an advantage over the stock IRC's.

Anyone got the contact info for Dunlop and Bridgestone?

Yes CBR came with a 140 IRC, Ninja 130 IRC.

Looking into Dunlop TT900 and Bridgestone BT39 right now, both have the sizes needed.

Im wondering though if a 130/70-17 has the equivalent width of a 140/80-17

Thanks Thaicbr, but that's over their budget at around 7.5k baht Rosso & 5.3k baht Sport Demon, actually thats probably close to BT39 prices, guess they're going to have to make a decision to spend more.

Apparently it looks like there is no offering for the Pilot Sporty in 140. Production must have been designated for the Ninja 250 (130) before the CBR 250 came out (140).

Has anyone ever seen the 'Pilot Road' or 'Pilot Power' for sale in Thailand?

http://www.michelin....tab-tyres-sizes

Edited by KRS1

Thanks Thaicbr, but that's over their budget at around 7.5k baht Rosso & 5.3k baht Sport Demon, actually thats probably close to BT39 prices, guess they're going to have to make a decision to spend more.

Apparently it looks like there is no offering for the Pilot Sporty in 140. Production must have been designated for the Ninja 250 (130) before the CBR 250 came out (140).

Why don't you try the IRC IZR003 if you're looking for a sport tire, these are the tires used in the Thai moto3 series and get good reviews. I picked up a pair for my CBR250 for 5500baht from a friend in CM.

The same friend also has race take offs that are 85% for an even lower price.

Edited by newf

Why don't you try the IRC IZR003 if you're looking for a sport tire, these are the tires used in the Thai moto3 series and get good reviews. I picked up a pair for my CBR250 for 5500baht from a friend in CM.

newf.. can you find out how much.. i may be interested in the 003's. I imagine they ARE grippy ..correctbiggrin.png

newf.. can you find out how much.. i may be interested in the 003's. I imagine they ARE grippy ..correctbiggrin.png

I've ran them on the track and found them really grippy. Its the tire of choice in the moto3 series, but only tires made in thailand can be used. Are you looking for a set of race take offs or new? r u in BKK?

Why don't you try the IRC IZR 003 if you're looking for a sport tire, these are the tires used in the Thai moto3 series and get good reviews. I picked up a pair for my CBR250 for 5500baht from a friend in CM.

The same friend also has race take offs that are 85% for an

even lower price.

If it was me id give them a try, but they're for my friends and trying to talk them into more IRC's will be tough. Thanks for the tip though , may try them out myself later.

Pretty grippy from your experience with them on the track?

I've ran them on the track and found them really grippy. Its the tire of choice in the moto3 series, but only tires made in thailand can be used. Are you looking for a set of race take offs or new? r u in BKK?

Newf.. i'm looking at some cheap race takeoffs. I presume they would still be ok for a newb for a few track days and maybe good grippy road tyres for petchbun etc.

i'm near bkk

Why don't you try the IRC IZR 003 if you're looking for a sport tire, these are the tires used in the Thai moto3 series and get good reviews. I picked up a pair for my CBR250 for 5500baht from a friend in CM.

The same friend also has race take offs that are 85% for an

even lower price.

If it was me id give them a try, but they're for my friends and trying to talk them into more IRC's will be tough. Thanks for the tip though , may try them out myself later.

Pretty grippy from your experience with them on the track?

I've only did one trackday with them but they felt 100 times better then the stock IRC's, The top Moto3 guys are running 1:10s around BIRA using the IZR003 so they have to be pretty good tires. My newly modified CBR250 should be delivered tomorrow so i'll be giving it another go pretty soon hopefully. My buddie usually has a set or two of race take offs forsale right after the races but they usually don't last long at about 3500Baht/set.

thaicbr,

I'll check and see if he still has a set. best time to pick up a set is right after one of the race weekends but there's no more races until Mar 18th.

cool . thanks.. would look at getting them end of the month.

Well friends decided to go for it and ordered the IZR 003. Only the rears are in stock now (140). The shipping container is suppose to be arriving in 7-10 days for the 110 sizes. So just ordered the rears for now.

Recommend SaMoto over Piston shop in CNX anytime. Samoto is more like a true motorhead shop where the boss gets dirty.

Thanks for the tip newf, if all goes well , i'll be getting a set for my bike as well.

Well friends decided to go for it and ordered the IZR 003. Only the rears are in stock now (140). The shipping container is suppose to be arriving in 7-10 days for the 110 sizes. So just ordered the rears for now.

Recommend SaMoto over Piston shop in CNX anytime. Samoto is more like a true motorhead shop where the boss gets dirty.

Thanks for the tip newf, if all goes well , i'll be getting a set for my bike as well.

I actually race for the guys from Piston Shop, I think the owner is away for a few days. They might be able to hook u up with some race takeoffs, Aeyy is the guy I usually get them from. Aeyy races in the moto3 class.

Who's the guy with the funny lip? There was another thai-chinese looking guy there too. Told us the owner was coming and to wait, after an hour and no update headed to SaMoto. PistonShop didn't seem to concerned about anything actually, asked them about used tires and said they didn't recommend it. Guy just kept fondling his black z10r. licklips.gif Had a sweet white Buell there.

But over at SaMoto there was a sick Ducati Motard getting rubber, as well as a KTM Super Duke ! Really busy shop though, and good taste in music.

Ha, im not even going to fall for it. You obviously have ties with Piston Shop.

Those who have tried Iridiums or Platinum NGK's already know the difference.

If you want to get technical bring it on with your gay Ozzy Osbourne lookin' ass.

Ha, im not even going to fall for it. You obviously have ties with Piston Shop.

Those who have tried Iridiums or Platinum NGK's already know the difference.

If you want to get technical bring it on with your gay Ozzy Osbourne lookin' ass.

Errr , can't see tha catch, the guy said he actually raced for Piston Shop... no??

Anyway, he is selling them for 3.5k so sounds like a good deal....

Not sure, if there is any point talking technical about CBR //Ninja 250... they are both pretty basic, underpowered, gutless machines sleep.png ...