Al-Qaeda Group Declare War Against Thailand

george

I watched a program called 'unreported world' on saturday. Basicly and englishman goes to salamia and reports on the violence. Apparently its so bad he had to stay inside his blacked out car at all times as they kill white people.

He visited the islamic leader, who basiclly admitted Islaam wants to control the world. These people wont stop until they get what they want. God forbid if they do, we would probably live life under Taliban rules :o

http://www.channel4.com/news/microsites/U/...ted_world3.html

Sometimes the thought crosses my mind of what the world would be like if Islam was eliminated from the planet. As a religion, it dosent seem to bring any worth to the planet. I can't really say I see any value in Islam. Maybe it's because I don't know much about it. Can anyone think of anything positive that Islam has contributed to the world?

Christianity? :o:D:D

uhm...Cristianity came first by about 600 years me thinks. Could be wrong, though.

Yes, it was. I'm referring to those who wish to harm innocent people. I have zero tolerance or respect for them, and I could really care less what happens to them. They disrespect others with no care at all, why should I care what happens to them?

Here we go again :o

WHEN will the apparent GOOD MUSLIMS do anything to try stop this pointless violence?  You know, the muslims who are the 1st to complain when 1 muslim person is killed or locked up. 

I agree with the first part of your statement. The "fight fire with fire" rhetoric I do not agree with - fearful aggression will breed more aggression, playing right into these people's hands.

However, I - who do not believe in God - ask myself: Where are the good Muslims? It seems to me the Muslim reaction is a combination of embarrassment - these are not our people - and "I told you so some of us are gonna freak out when you mistreat us like this". It's not the reaction of a strong faith - I have been told Islam is a very strong religion, not exactly one where anybody is free to do whatever they want to do. So why is there not a gathering of Islamic leaders that - regardless of all disagreements with western politics and governments - publicly expels the crazy terrorists from the muslim faith.

Why are there not Imams saying "You who bomb some civilians, you are not a Muslim. You will burn in hel_l for your crimes. We want nothing to do with you".

I would like to hear some muslims take position on this.

Not going so well - if you ask me - more vocal they get -more desparate. I think this is a good sign in a way perhaps they aren't getting the support they need?

Don’t be so sure. In the states the pro life anti abortion group is a very vocal minority, look at the stuff going on there. They make up less than 30% SO I AM TOLD.

Yes, it was. I'm referring to those who wish to harm innocent people. I have zero tolerance or respect for them, and I could really care less what happens to them. They disrespect others with no care at all, why should I care what happens to them?

No it wasn't. Comments like that don't add much value to a discussion do they little boy?

What worries me most about this, is not the threat from AQ-SEA but the attitudes of our hosts ....

I use my local post office daily, and being a Brit who lived throughout the IRA campaigns against mainland UK, plus being ex-military, have an awareness of my surroundings regarding events such as remote bombings - not an expert, just a self-preservation vigilance.

On THREE occasions I have drawn attention to packages abandoned in the public area of the post office, and being on good terms with the staff, advised them to be cautious of unattended, unaddressed packages and "left bags" - they simply marched over and opened them.

tick tick tick BOOM ????

Ok the liklihood here in the north is low, but it could happen, and during the last Cobra Gold, we had one bomb threat at Airport Plaza (that went unreported due to a police order) which makes the liklihood seem to be increasing.

In my opinion, it's time the government started issuing "public information" broadcasts on Thai TV to raise awareness of staff in government offices and infrastructure organisations.

Vigilance and false alarms are better than chaos and carnage.

Yet, I fear that until a major explosion in a non-southern city occurs, the government will not pay attention to educating their people about how to protect themselves.

All the 9/11 bombers came from either middle or upper class famailies. It is not economic parity. They hate you because you are free, because you smile, because you dare show your legs, because you let woman get an education, because you go to movies, because you drink the occassional beer (or 15 for most of you), because beautiful girls walk the streets around the uni in miniskirts... Thailand is seen by most of us as a paradise, the LOS, and that is why they will come to Thailand. Thailand hasn't had to defend itself against any kind of attack that this could be like. It will come from the south and they will hit the places where the majority of farangs hang out and then they will go after the places of higher learning. Some of the poorest people I have ever seen have been in Thailand but instead of blowing themselves up in the name of Bhudda, they just smile ask you if need any directions...

zaz , you should understand that it is almost impossible to prevent terrorist attacks , nobody knows who exactly the enemy is or where they are or when they will act.

targets of terrorists , and that means everyone in the world who is not a muslim

are under threat.

you should not be surprised at the irrational anger against islam that is found whenever these threats are made. it is born out of frustration.

to a non muslim , every muslim is a possible attacker.

that unfortunately is how it is , and that is exactly what the terrorists want.

they want to divide , they want discontent , they want disharmony and they want hatred from non muslims , when all non muslims hate muslims then the reasons for terror will make sense and moderate muslims will have to look to the extremists for protection .

the world is being slowly polarized for and against islam , according to the wishes of the extremists.

only moderate muslim pressure can stop it.

but pressure from moderate muslims does not seem to be forthcoming.

the future is very bleak.

Edited by taxexile

No it wasn't. Comments like that don't add much value to a discussion do they little boy?

I won't get into a fight with you. I have my opinion and you have yours. You can have all the sympathy for these folks if you wish. That's your business, not mine. In the future name calling isn't the answer, right zaz? Don't be a troll and kiss off.

I won't be leaving Thailand over some "religious" fanatics threats. They moan and groan about how badly the world treats them, how the Koran has been disrespected, yet they themselves disrespect their own "good book." This fanatical belief that "Allah"  will give them 7-skanky virgins if they decapitate, maim, and murder the "infidels." I can only hope justice will be done to these idiotic imbeciles...eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, and a head for a head, then they'll never reach their goal. Wonder what would happen to them if someone dropped loads of pig manure on em? Maybe they'd commit mass suicide since they would now be unclean before their "saviour." Worthless bast***s.

7 skanky virgins. What about the poor gay suicide bomber? Who hasn't told his mum yet. :o