Bluetooth Handsfree Pattaya

Phil Conners

Thinking about having bluetooth handsfree installed in the car. Where would be a good place to have it done in Pattaya? Have some bad experiences with places completely messing up the electric system so I'd like to hear other's experience?

Cost?

As you come into Pattaya on Sukmv there are a number of places about 500M -> 1Km before the Toyota dealership.

I used one to fit an ipod connector in my SUV and they were ver professional Sorry forget the name but they are on the corner of a small Soi --- on the opposite side of the Soi but still on Sukmv they have three or four 'work bays' where they are able to work on vehicles. If I recall the name of the shop will post later.

As you come into Pattaya on Sukmv there are a number of places about 500M -> 1Km before the Toyota dealership.

I used one to fit an ipod connector in my SUV and they were ver professional Sorry forget the name but they are on the corner of a small Soi --- on the opposite side of the Soi but still on Sukmv they have three or four 'work bays' where they are able to work on vehicles. If I recall the name of the shop will post later.

I think you mean Boy Air & Sound

I think Gers1873 is referring to "Seri Air" (there is a sign), on the Northbound Naklua side of Sukhumvit road and just past a Petrol Station and before a car workshop. In the area not too far from the the Toyota Garages.

I had them fit a Carryboy to my Vigo, whilst the job was done with extreme care and professionalism, I had made the mistake of not asking "how much??" and got a highly inflated price, but I would recommend them.

Yes, it's a gadget you install in your car which as the name implies allows you to take calls without taking your hands off the wheel.

There are many different models with different features but the basics is a speaker and a microphone installed somewhere on/in the dashboard. Bluetooth is a form of wireless connection that detects your mobile as you enter the car, so it automatically takes over as you enter the car, and disconnects as you exit.

Some of the more clever ones can "cooperate" with your car stereo so that if you get a call it automatically mutes music and use the car stereos speakers for the phone.

Yes, it's a gadget you install in your car which as the name implies allows you to take calls without taking your hands off the wheel.

There are many different models with different features but the basics is a speaker and a microphone installed somewhere on/in the dashboard. Bluetooth is a form of wireless connection that detects your mobile as you enter the car, so it automatically takes over as you enter the car, and disconnects as you exit.

Some of the more clever ones can "cooperate" with your car stereo so that if you get a call it automatically mutes music and use the car stereos speakers for the phone.

Cool. Not that it matters but are they legal as in the 2000 baht fines you can get for using a mobile while driving? I realize one would never get caught but just curious.

For me I just use the earphones that came with my iPhone and have them in my ears and can auto-answer. Same thing if you are listening to music it mutes the tunes while you are talking. Good for a motorbike too if you are expecting an important call.

Cool. Not that it matters but are they legal as in the 2000 baht fines you can get for using a mobile while driving? I realize one would never get caught but just curious.

I would assume so, at least in Europe it is, and this is of course the reason they are so popular - thought I think they're discussing a complete ban on talking on the phone while driving.

I would assume so, at least in Europe it is, and this is of course the reason they are so popular - thought I think they're discussing a complete ban on talking on the phone while driving.

hi phil, have you thought about a bluetooth earpiece?

i have an apple one for my iphone

i never wear it walking around like some people you see (*****), its only for use on long journeys

i don't even wear it in the car but pick it up, stick it in my ear and accept the call

its very useful if driving

just a thought.....