Looking For International School Teaching Chinese

intrepidexpat

We are relocating to Chiang Mai in the summer and looking to first find a school for our 3 kids...6,9 and 11.... (then we can start looking for a place to live not to far from the school)

Our kids have been following the British curriculum and studying Chinese at Yew Cheng. We've been in Shanghai 8 years so we would like them to continue learning Chinese.

looking for......

British curriculum, Chinese programme, pref also IB

I would appreciate any thought or suggestions on schools so I can have a shortlist of where to look when I go for a visit.

I'm keen to find a place for them where they can make friends, have fun learning and a choice of activities to keep them active and engaged...(and would like to meet some friends for me too)

thanks

After an initial search for international schools I saw that Lanna offers Chinese, so this is one on my list to go and see. As our kids have been studying Chinese for so many years it would be a shame to lose it now so it's quite important we can find a school that offers this.

Thanks for your help.

Are there any others?

Hi, I am a British International School teacher with experience of 3 schools in Thailand over 15 years.

The Prem Centre (now PTIS) is widely regarded as one of the best schools in Thailand and is well worth checking out. It is 25km North of Chiang Mai. IB rather than UK curriculum but that is arguably an advantage to kids who are likely to remain international. IB is growing in UK now. They will do Chinese.

http://ptis.threegeneration.org

• Like 1