Buy New Smartphone Or Wait For Quad Core Smartphones

Right now I'm in the process of looking at buying a new smartphone. But unsure only because

1. Should i Buy a smartphone with dual core processor or wait for the upcoming quad core processor smartphone.

I realize what I'm using the phone for matters but unsure. A quad core smartphone is a lot of power for a phone and have to wait and see how this will effect battery life.

Look forward to all your comments on this

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Can you wait ~ six months (availability here, not announcement at MWC), for the phone? Maybe another 3 ~ 6 months for software which can utilize the new HW? Can you live with a limited choice?

The HTC Zeta and Samsung SGS3 look to be the first units available.

There will always be new hardware about to come out. If you always want to wait for the next great thing you'll never be able to buy anything.

I just got the Galaxy Nexus, plenty of power for my needs. I expect it will take me well into 2013.

The wait or buy decision is very personal and individual, and of course depends on your position in the curve. If I were looking at a new/first smartphone today I might not want to wait, but rather go for a SGS2. However, if I already had a smartphone, say the SGS1, then I might choose to wait for the SGS3.

Obviously if one didn't wait you'd be buying new tech gear every day, and getting rather little utility out of it.

There will always be new hardware about to come out. If you always want to wait for the next great thing you'll never be able to buy anything.

+1 was just about to type the same! I can never understand why people wait on tech releases..

deciding on whether the purchase will be regretted. When you have this type of indecisiveness, you need a good comparison list of beginner, mid range, and higher end phones. It would break down the price, complete specs, and pros/cons of phone. The upcoming expo or a trip to one of the IT/mobile phone mall with multiple selections to get a feel for what will fit your needs. Then shell out

The samsung galaxy cooper/ace still sells for 9000 baht new in tesco lotus. When the phone is a hit, it might take a while for the retail price to come down. its successor is supposed to come out Ace Plus. and around 12-13,000 baht. The good news about buying a decent mid/high range phone is that (specs-wise), it will last you for quite a while, especially with a nice skin case/screen protector.

Some of the lesser known brands like Wellcomm iMobile, gNet, etc may have a mid-range phone for starter phone prices. The biggest concern is making sure Android 2.2 or greater can run smoothly on it, which it should.